V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small mechanics chair (kinda like a creeper) from sears, its great for washing and waxing the scooter. Anyway last night I was sitting in it while cleaning some fish atop a cooler. The chair has a shelf under it where you can put tools and parts. Anyway when I was cleaning up last night I picked up the chair and lifted it over the scooter. I had forgot there was a steel ruler laying in the shelf, well you know the rest.....out comes the ruler lands end first on top the fuckin tank OH ****!
I go int he house cussin like a street whore and the OL says whats wrong, I tell her and she goes and looks. Comes in and says how much is another tank?

Now the light bulb goes click ! :D I had wanted (long term plan) to replace my peanut tank with a stretch like the one in the pic, but know it seems it may be sooner than longer! So know the delima is painting the sucker, who to do it? Should it be flammed or just plain pearl white?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I know the feeling!

If you flame the tank, you'll need to do the fenders too! See if you can come up with a tear or two when you explain your delima to the misses.

I'd go with the flames! Post a picture when it's finished.

PS - I seen a bunch of good fishin' holes when I was going through Miss. Good looking cypress swamps! Here's an idea! Have a picture of a big ole carp painted on the tank! :p

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
When I got this scoot, I was careful as can be. Worried about every speck. Then I laid the damn thing down and slid the damn thing 85 feet in the rain. ( It was one of those down on the side or over the handle bars kind a situations.)

To be honest, I have slept like a baby ever since.

Your first Boo Boo is a shocker allright, but the Wind Remains The Same.

IT'S RIDING SEASON Y'ALL! Take care a the small stuff next winter!

Get yer motor runnin! Head on down the highway! Looking for adventure, and WHOEVER cums my way!

WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that playing with JimmyK can have tragic results on pregnant women as well as those that are lactating. Keep yer arms inside the ropes folks and DON'T feed the animal.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
171 Posts
Man Misguided, feel sorry for ya. Just last month I painted my bike with "metal" flames(I posted pics) and two weeks ago a friend of mine was looking at the paintjob and dragged his ring across it! He didn't notice and I didn't say anything(what a friend huh?)Now I have an excuse to paint it again! I'll probably leave it alone and do another paint scheme over the winter. (it's nice being a painter) Yeah that first scratch hurts but we get over it. A good friend of mine crashed his Electra glide last week, his first crash in thirty years, and he now has his excuse for a flame job !!!!! Remember, it's only a machine.(can't believe I said that:D ) Anyway good luck with the new tank. Should look great ,especially flamed.
Sheepboy

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Misguided,

Sorry about the paint job, but it is riding time, head on down the road, you will get enough miles behind you, then you will know what new paint job will work. BUT the first scratch do hurt.

Ride Safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts