V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to make this short, my freind John bought a set of chrome Streetglide wheels from these cats, after he finally got his wheels after 2 months he sent his wheels back in for the deposit of $500, he waited for about 3 months for a check from this guy and after several unreturned phonecalls the guy finally answers one day and about two weeks later John received a check for $500, well it bounced, he calls the guy back up to see what the deal is and the dude say's that the bank messed up and he would send another check, John say's I don't want another check I am going to the bank of America and cash this one and you better have the money to cover it, so he did. John has just received a credit card bill where the guy has charged him for $500 more, he claims that John has cashed the check twice and he is just getting his money back, now this was a unauthorized transaction, he can and will dispute this charge, so stay away from these crooked bastards or they will steal you blind.:nono:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
ain't that a bitch. Hope he gets some satisfaction from this guy....

·
Noch ein bier, bitte
1,537 Posts
Ya know, e-Bay is a great concept; a win-win for everybody.

Then all the sh!theels in the world are drawn to e-Bay like moths to the flame and dowm the tubes it goes.

There are so many good folks on e-Bay but how the heck does a guy sort out the gold from the dog-do? :nunu:

Good luck to your friend...he'll be screwing around with this for many moons.

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
His feedback is 99.4% and his detailed seller rating (which he doesn't see) is near perfect. These feedback systems are supposed to be how you separate the good from the bad. Based on his feedback he is not too bad.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I will"Second" USA Chrome is a slouch, it took him 4 months to get all my stuff done and only after I threatened to come down to L.A. to see this miserable dude personnally, did he ship my parts asap!

DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE PERIOD!!!

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
i had a similar problem some time ago on ebay where the guy charged my credit card/paypal and never sent anything. he wouldnt answer any phone calls or emails so i called chase fraud dept and charge was removed from my card. now its chase's problem. what a shame there are so many crooks out there.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
bbrowncods said:
His feedback is 99.4% and his detailed seller rating (which he doesn't see) is near perfect. These feedback systems are supposed to be how you separate the good from the bad. Based on his feedback he is not too bad.
The problem is that if you leave them negative feedback, they leave you negative feedback which then hurts your ability to deal on eBay.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I will"Second" USA Chrome is a slouch, it took him 4 months to get all my stuff done and only after I threatened to come down to L.A. to see this miserable dude personnally, did he ship my parts asap!

DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE PERIOD!!!
I'll third it. The wheel took for ever to arrive then I went about 45 miles when the wheel bearings went out. Still taking all in stride I figure sometimes you get a bad bearing, it could happen to anybody. Keep in mind that the 30 days allowed to leave feed back is long gone. It's gone before you ever see the wheel. Sooooo, I install two new bearings and BANG out again. Pull it off and take a closer look and the hub is machined crooked. I should have noticed the first time but I didn't. Sent the wheel back and after considerable threatening I got it back. So far it's holding up.

·
Administrator
11,239 Posts
You have 90 days to leave feedback. eBay is suppose to be changing the policy on buyer feedback. This change would allow the seller to ONLY leave positive feedback if payment was made. No more holding the feedback hostage while a seller screws you.

I refuse to leave feedback as a buyer unless I am left feedback first. There are 2 parts to an eBay deal. The first one is me paying for my item. I pay immediately and therefor have completely fulfilled my obligation. I am now deserving of positive feedback. The second part is the seller must deliver the item as described and in a timely manner. If the seller does that they are then deserving of positive feedback. I do not "trade" feedback. If a seller contacts me and tells me that he will leave feedback after I do, I tell him exactly what I typed above and there will be no feedback forthcoming. I also tell him that while our transaction might have gone smoothly I no longer trust his feed back rating since he has extorted it for previous buyers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wish I would have seen this thread BEFORE i sent them my stuff!!!
I've been waiting about 6 weeks for them to chrome my own wheels. Problem is, I sent them a money order to pay for it instead of using a CC!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
USA Chrome/American Revolution ripped off my core deposit. He owes me $500. I even have emails from him stating such with no refund.

From Mar 4
Pat - I know your wheels were received and approved. I will find out the status of the core deposit and let you know.

From Mar 21
Pat - I received your message. Sorry to have made you upset. We have recently moved into a new building, and have fallen behind on many things. I will have it done by Tues. Send me your fax number and I will send a copy of the receipt to you.

Well I still don't have the core back. All I get back are dates he'll give me my money back and when I complain just another date is given. Do not do business with these people! He also has a business going by Kentori Co.

Update: I did get my core back at the end of May. I'm glad Pat is taking care of old buiness to make it right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Usachrome reply

Thank you for the opportunity to reply to the concerns of the forum.

In the case of the core deposit refund check, our customer cashed the core deposit check twice. It wasn't their fault, the bank actually made the mistake. In order to balance out the account, the core deposit was charged again. After both of us fighting with the bank, it was fixed and the core deposit was refunded.

Our customer from Minnesota has been refunded their core deposit to their credit card.

Our customer in Las Vegas. Sometimes replating of parts ends up taking way longer than expected. Not a good excuse, but the parts have to be sent out to another company to have the plating stripped off, and quite often there are delays. We cause our own delays too, but the parts always get finished.

Thanks again.

usachrome

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Thank you for the opportunity to reply to the concerns of the forum.

In the case of the core deposit refund check, our customer cashed the core deposit check twice. It wasn't their fault, the bank actually made the mistake. In order to balance out the account, the core deposit was charged again. After both of us fighting with the bank, it was fixed and the core deposit was refunded.

Our customer from Minnesota has been refunded their core deposit to their credit card.

Our customer in Las Vegas. Sometimes replating of parts ends up taking way longer than expected. Not a good excuse, but the parts have to be sent out to another company to have the plating stripped off, and quite often there are delays. We cause our own delays too, but the parts always get finished.

Thanks again.

usachrome
Sounds like the customer service department is non existent in your company. May want to take a look at getting this under control before your customers help you close your doors for good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
why did you bother?

looks like another I am gonna save big on EBAY bites the dust. You could use local people faster and 90% of the time save money and way less headaches. so I qoute , " You get what you pay for " .

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
The problem is that if you leave them negative feedback, they leave you negative feedback which then hurts your ability to deal on eBay.
After they leave you the bad feedback, you can reply to it for all to see. most people understand that some people get screwed now and again, if you say that and have them check the other guy's feedback, most people can undeerstand that.

·
2001 FLHR Road King
9 Posts
Pat @ USA Chrome, A.K.A. American Revolution,

Send me a private message (PM) so I can talk to you about my brake calipers you have had for about 10 months for chroming that I have already paid for.

Rick Rodriguez

1 - 17 of 17 Posts