V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flew out to Peoria Illinois. Picked up the bike and headed back at 2:00 PM.

1024 miles later I am back home. Took 24 hours and 24 minutes.

The time is broken up this way.

A number of stops for gas, a smoke and to move a bit.

Four and a half hours sleep.

A Crap, and a shower.

Dinner at Country Kitchen Buffet, breakfast at Dennys.

Five bottles of Water, Two cans of Whoop Ass, and one beer.

The rest was all riding and that 95 CI ups and gets it ! Damn!

Here is the waited for link http://www.aeroforceone.com/

The bike is cooled down some now so it is time to pick some bugs.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
The Flash intro pretty much sums it up. Good to see you made it home safe and enjoyed the ride. Was she everything you expected?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Real glad to hear about your bike. That was some serious riding you did. I bet it felt real good to get back home.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Congratulation on the new ride Jimmy. I've been real interested in the SE Stage 2. Is yours a copy of a factory 02 or 03? What type mileage did you get? This concerns me most since the gas tank is fairly small in the first place resulting is relatively limited range (for touring). How does the perfromance compare to the TC88??

greg

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Ok, what's with the link? Should we take it that means you're going to the 100th road show in Dallas? - Welcome home.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DJW said:
Ok, what's with the link? Should we take it that means you're going to the 100th road show in Dallas? - Welcome home.

LOL! Ok, maybe I should a made it more simple.

Simply put....

"I'm Back In The Saddle Again......

:DI'M BACK!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Alright JimmyK!

First day back in the saddle and you crack off 1000+ miles. Impressive.

wyo

PS - I would be willing to give you my copy of "Welcome to the Family":eek: :eek: :eek:

JOKING!!!! JUST JOKING!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gbenner said:
Congratulation on the new ride Jimmy. I've been real interested in the SE Stage 2. Is yours a copy of a factory 02 or 03? What type mileage did you get? This concerns me most since the gas tank is fairly small in the first place resulting is relatively limited range (for touring). How does the perfromance compare to the TC88??

greg
Not a copy it is 00 Genuine. I had always thought the big bore would be a waste on an injected model because the injectors are small. Ok, I was wrong the sucker hauls ass on the top end. Crusin the Highway at about 80 and ya hit the throttle and it is like being launched from a sling shot. Yer GONE and I mean RIGHT NOW. I kind a like it.

I did not bother tracking the mileage. I know by the time the reseerve light comes on, I'm ready to stretch some anyway. I believe the mileage was great just based on my credit card bills. I'm sure I could have done better on the mileage but I was hitting it too hard.

I can assure you, the range is fine. My old ass is not good for more than 9 hours a day. By that time I am not ashamed to say I am pretty well beat up. I'll get up and do it again the next day though! :D

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Ha! -oops, I checked out the link, but had the sound off. Ok I got it. Glad to hear it, though I'm not sure what the hurry is to get back to Texas.
(must be the chilie.)

I checked the orginial E-bay ad you posted for the bike, and frankly I would have been nervous buying a bike with that much motor work from someone I didn't know. Glad it worked out. I'd love to read your take on the performance of the bike sometime.

2000-Fuel injected-SE stage2- SE Pipes too right? Very Sweeeeet ride, Jimmy. I saw the price on the Ebay page, assuming you paid somewhere in that range, which seems like a helluva deal to me. congratulations.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wyodude said:
Alright JimmyK!

First day back in the saddle and you crack off 1000+ miles. Impressive.

wyo

PS - I would be willing to give you my copy of "Welcome to the Family":eek: :eek: :eek:

JOKING!!!! JUST JOKING!!!!:D :D :D

Thanks! I did not rip the 1000 in a day. I split it up.

2 to 11 did 480

Slept 4 and a half hours then finished the ride. So that is 2 days to me.

I appreciate the offer for the film. I still have mine in my collection filed between Lucy and I Married Joan.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey DJW I did not know until I got there that it was a done deal. I had to Fly Northwest from Detroit to Peoria which means I had to pay for the tickets. I bought 2 refundable tickets including the return trip. So I was ready to walk away if need be.

I checked for any signs of leaks, the plugs and the color of the front end of the baffels, and anything else I could think of. All was in order. I ran the shi+ out of it coming home. Figured if it was gonna have any trouble I wanyed it to happen while I could still stop payment on my check. The bike ran perfect and is beyond what I had hoped for.

For the record, the people at MID WEST CHOPPERS are to my knowledge good honest folks. The build a lot of bikes and offer them at fair prices. These folks have the official JimmyK thumbs up. ;)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Welcome back Jim! Glad it was a good purchase and you had a safe ride home.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
JimmyK, what I meant was, did it come from the factory as a 95" SE , or was it built into a 95" SE using all HD parts, (i.e. a copy). Do you know what cams were used? Sounds really nice, particularly the part about getting on it at 80+. Mine runs very good, but doesn't have that much past 65 or so. OBoy, I think I'm coming up w/ a good Xmas gify already.

greg

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
JimmyK, Glad to hear that you got your new scooter. Yea man, the 95" really kicks in up around 80...whack it and yer gone !!

I guess this is the JimmyK version of "fly and ride", huh?
Ride safe and enjoy...
twincamzz

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
twincamzz said:

I guess this is the JimmyK version of "fly and ride", huh?
Ride safe and enjoy...
twincamzz

Well working for an Airline does have its benifits. I don't have to put up with the STEALERS here in Houston. I spent my down time searching for the right purchase. Found it, flew out to it, bought it, and rode her home.

Spent May 8th to Aug 30 with no scoot. My brother Manny helped break the time up which has endeared him to me more than ever.

A lot of folks feel like the thing went on too long. Maybe, but I do know that things worked out perfect and in their proper time. Besides, how else was I ever to get to drive ( rip the rubber off of ) a Kia and a Mazda? Hmmmmm?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
JimmyK said:

A Crap, and a shower.
Don't know if we needed all the details but glad to hear you made it home.

So, now that you are Back in the saddle again don't you realize how much you missed it? I've been with no bike for almost three weeks now and it's killing me! Damn, where the hell is that exhaust :(

Now once you have her all cleaned up, you gotta send us a few more pictures:D

·
Registered
684 Posts
Well, I was pissed at ya for a while for not buying the ride from NC and stopping here for a beer, but what the heck . . . at least you're back in the saddle again! Sounds and looks like you got a good deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts