V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, now that I've picked up my new ride ('03 Fatboy with gold key pkg)and put 250 miles on her, I thought I should say hello. I've picked up lots of good information here (where to buy stuff online, safety & maintenance information, etc.). Seems like a friendly place, so I'll jump in and say hey.

Got my new bike on 12/31. She isn't broke in yet, but I'm working on it. The cold rain didn't stop me from taking her out and putting 60 miles on her on New Years day. Had to clean the road grime off of her this morning, one of the bad things about riding wet.

This is my second Harley. I'm 42 and the last one I had was around 30 years ago. I'll buy a taco bell supreme taco for the first person who can correctly guess the model of my last harley. Of course you will have to wait for a IRL meeting.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Well a belated welcome! Be careful out there........

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
welcome and enjoy your new bike, didn't get any clues from your profile as to what bike you rode thirty years ago, my TACOS don't come from taco bell anyway unless she's working the register. Post often and enjoy. Have you been riding in between those two harleys or did you just get back into motorcycling ???

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
What color 03 Fatboy

So, what is the new rides color. Was the last HD a sportster?

I got my 03 Fatboy 2 Nov. She has 495 miles on her, just over 70 of them on new years day. Mine is the silver and black.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
WELCOME AND CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE. I WOULD WELCOME A RIDE IN THE COLD RAIN,IT BEATS GOING TO THE GARAGE WHEN ITS 20 DEG AND JUST STARING AT THE BIKE.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
vadiver said:
I'll buy a taco bell supreme taco for the first person who can correctly guess the model of my last harley.
750 KR

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No guesses even close yet. I did a little riding between the Harleys, but not much. I took the MSF course back in October. My bike is silver and black too.

BTW, I'm only buying the tacos at taco bell, if you want something else, you're on your own.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
FL Shovelhead?

Was is a late 60 FL?

Here is the fatboy with the added passing lights and relocated turn signals. I put these on at Christmas.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Dave, That's my bike! I haven't added the passing lamps yet. That is my next project. This past weekend, I put an engine guard and the tail light/signal adapter on. If it is too cold to ride, next weekend I'll install the siren for the security system. When it is too cold to ride, tinkering with options is the next best thing.

Yours is just about broken in. If I could get out of the office later this week, I think I'll catch up with you on the mileage.

Clue for my last Harley - it wasn't a big twin. Remember the AMF days?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a pic of the first one:

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Bike

She will be 21 in March.

The bike has the siren added already. I like it, it is loud and keeps people away from it. I plan to relocate the rear turn signals to the tail light like the RK's. I also want to add the head light naccille. Cold weather is bad, you can't ride so you spend mony on the bike.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome vadiver,

Glad to have you join us, so where do you go diving in VA?

Dave

·
Registered
575 Posts
Wow FLSTFI Dave,

I got mine Thanksgiving Eve and I have almost 1100 miles on it, and I am catching $hit around here for not riding it... :D, my bud got his 12/23 and has over 700 on it.. Get out and ride that sled... :D

Welcome VADiver, the Fat Boy is a nice choice.... My 2003 is S/B too...

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Va Vrod- Not a lot of diving in VA. I've done the Appomattox river (looking for artifacts) and do some equipment checks in Lake Rawlings. Most of my local dives are down Morehead City, NC way.

Thanks for the welcome. I've put over 500 miles on my new ride since New Years. The weather forcast is for snow and cold temps over the next week or two, so I don't think I'm going to get many miles over the next few weeks. I ride in clear weather down to 30 degrees, below that and I can't keep my hands from freezing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts