V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I will propbaly be needing a "new" redio for a 2000 Ultra...

It has been discontinued from HD - so I guess I'll have to find a used one

Then I saw that HD originally supplied at International and a Domestic version

Does anybody know the difference - is it frequencies ?? if so does anyboy know the frequency range on the Domestic version (I have the International version)

Alternative is to get the old radio fixed. But nobody seems very interested here in doing it here in Denmark - and when I finally found one the would give it a try I got the radio back in worse shape than it was in when he got it - plus I got a 200$ bill

·
ASA Lives
600 Posts
Radio Sound

Don't try to send it to any old repair shop. It is best to send it back to "Radio Sound" that made it. They will do repairs for a flat fee. This is for domestic, as I live here in the US. I'm sure they will do the same for you too. Look in the manual and it has the name. address, and phone number. Contact them and they will let you know how much it will cost. I have used them twice before. I sent in a radio off of an FXRT model and the original one from my 1989 Ultra. It cost a flat fee and had a two week turn around from the time I mailed it to when I had the radios back in my hand as good as new.

Make sure it is NOT a Karman/Kardon brand.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I believe frequencies may be the problem. For instance in North America the FM band uses only odd freq's. 89.1, 89.3 etc. Most of Europe uses even freq's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts