V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 20k miles on my 1995 EVO. Has the stage 1 (but no ignition or coil upgrade) have SE carb kit and Drag Specialty Python 3 pipes.

I plan on doing the stage 2 upgrade myself this winter with:
- camshaft, going with SE-11 or Crane EV27
- SE adjustable pushrod kit
- SE performance ignition module and coil (undecided on this)

Questions:
1. Should I upgrade the ignition module and coil? Reading other threads some folks seem to think there is no perfomance gain and this is a waste of money.
2. Any recommendations on camshafts? Bike is fairly light, riding mostly in towns and commuting 20 miles to work on interstate.
3. Is it worth having Dyno tuning done?

Any advice is appreciated.
Thx TD

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cam will make a big difference... I am putting in another EV-13 in my FLHTCUI * Upgrading the ignition is a waste of money from what I know...

The rest you have done already...

Good luck
EvoMike

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evo Mike,
Thx for the reply. What cam do you have now? I was thinking about EV13 too. I think I would rather have more torque than HP.

Thx, TD

PS... I grew up in Manteca

·
Registered
28 Posts
The stock one is in now... I have had an EV-13 in other baggers and they work real well...

FOR a lighter bike I would look at the EV-3 or EV-46... The 13 is pretty mild and produces loads of torque from 0-4500 rpm and also helps the EVO run cooler....

Hope this helps

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
im goin to put an ev 27 in my bike this winter. if you want to save mucho deniero i know a website that has parts cheap. they sell the ev 27 for $94. it is over $150 bucks outta jp or dennis kirk. i will post the website when i find it again.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
IF YOU WANT TO SAVE ON SOME PARTS CHECK OUT
WWW.JIREHCYCLES.COM
THESE GUYS ARE USUALLY CHEAPER THAN ANTONE ELSE. ALSO ON THE PUSHRODS I WOULD USE CRANE TIMESAVERS. I HAVE USED THE SE ONES IN THE PAST AND THE THREADS ON THE LOWER PORTION GET MASHED AND IT IS HARD TO GET THEM BACK OUT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts