V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgrade time for my 05 Deuce. Sounds like Doherty PowerPacc is one of the best choices for AC. Now the question is Powervents or no. Guess if I had an oil misting problem I'd know it. Is there an advantage to spending the extra $?

Thanks.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
fillinjc said:
Upgrade time for my 05 Deuce. Sounds like Doherty PowerPacc is one of the best choices for AC. Now the question is Powervents or no. Guess if I had an oil misting problem I'd know it. Is there an advantage to spending the extra $?

Thanks.
The "advantage" is if you use the vents, you do NOT route any breather tubes back into the throttle body. I have to say I love mine and it puts the SE to shame. As it should for its cost. I have the lined cover also.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
I have been thinking about getting one of these for my 06 FLHTCI I don't care for the oil mist blowing back thru the throttle body. I assume if you use the Powervents you get a line to attach to them and it vents to the ground. I just pulled the filter off mine to look at it 2700 miles and it had a small amout of oil that had collected on the bottom of the throttle body and they did there so called Stage I and it has a blue filter on it with HD's numbers. From what I have read the K&N filters are black so you know what that means.:eek: they tryed to use there stock up on me. I will discuss this with them further.:mad:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Nope. The new paper ones have a nearly black gasket material, but they still are NOT K&N from H-D.
Don't know what K&N did to piss the MoCo off, but it musta been good with all the complaints about the new filter, and they still haven't changed back...

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
"Don't know what K&N did to piss the MoCo off, but it musta been good with all the complaints about the new filter, and they still haven't changed back..."

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Yeah, what I heard was that it was a cost saving measure, but usually when customers complain and stay away in droves, companies get the message...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts