V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a bike from a dealer it is his personal bike[he has many]its a 03 RK w/custom paint,wheels,103 motor,reinheart[sp]exhaust,beach bars,seat,7k miles w/a warranty.I can pick it up for 18k.What do you think???

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
There's some major mods to the bike....but the market is saturated right now. If this is the guy's first shot, give him a counter offer.

Never go with the first price - even on an HD.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Be careful about that warranty. If it's not a factory build or its dealer-installed equivalent, most dealerships won't honor it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes this was all done at his harley dealership using all hd parts.This is the owners personal bike and has the best of everything on it.

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,275 Posts
Low_Rider said:
There's some major mods to the bike....but the market is saturated right now. If this is the guy's first shot, give him a counter offer.

Never go with the first price - even on an HD.
Best advice yet. And it's true, the market in used HD's is saturated.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
it does have low miles and sounds like plenty of ungrades, if you did yourself with a new bike would cost you some extra cash. are the extras something that you really want on your bike would be my question. as suggested I would counter offer to see if he drops the price at all and then if it's what you want ride home. you could check prices at cycletrader.com to get an ideal what they're going for.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
If it has custom paint, a well built 103" (worth more than a 95") and 7,000 miles, it's worth the money he's asking. He might deal with you but being a shop owner, he knows what it should sell for.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
If it's all HD parts, it probably still has cam chains and could use a good port job. Is there a dyno sheet on the bike? Sounds a little on the high side $$$ to me. I'd buy a new one with a full warranty and modify it as I go.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Chuck is correct, a well built 103 is an expensive build $4000-$5500 including labor and depending on what parts are used in the build! Also a Quality custom paint job can be outrageously high $3000+. So what it boils down to is if you love the paint then the price is fair.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts