V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cam Position Sensor pic

can't tell if the sensor has melted or it always looked like this. i guess i'm getting old. bike [98 WG] runs fine, the tan covering is really soft and the brown goop is sticky. any comments???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
evo nose cone, cam sensor melting? has anyone had to replace one? $190 for oem i believe. bike runs fine though.iv'e heard of aftermarket ignitions failing when mounted in the nose cone.any opinions?

Attachments

·
ASA Lives
600 Posts
The "Tan" is RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanizing) rubber and is soft. The other is just sealer. The question you should be asked is, Does it work? If so, go by the old adage, "If it ain't broke, Don't Fix it".

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
spgtti said:
evo nose cone, cam sensor melting? has anyone had to replace one? $190 for oem i believe. bike runs fine though.iv'e heard of aftermarket ignitions failing when mounted in the nose cone.any opinions?
you can run the compufire completely sealed. the crane is know to cook itself if you dont allow some air to flow between the cone and cover.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
spgtti said:
can't tell if the sensor has melted or it always looked like this. i guess i'm getting old. bike [98 WG] runs fine, the tan covering is really soft and the brown goop is sticky. any comments???

It seems to have been over heated or a non-compatable chemical has gotten on it. I'd use until it goes bad, have a new one with you when it does.

@gree: :spank: @gree:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I would use a DTT unit over anyother brand. They take the heat, and we have not had any failures like other brands. You can shim the outer cover out to allow heat to escape.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unfortunately i just installed a new hi4-e before i realized i might have a problem with the stock sensor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts