V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of purchasing a power commander (PC) to richin up the stage 1 download map and provide room for expansion down the road if I wish to upgrade my engine. Most posts have been very positive. A few I saw last night spoke of the PC going bad. I'm not too sure if this is a big concern or not. If the PC goes down, does it shut down the fuel supply entirely as it plugs directly into the ecm?

Secondarily, where have you folks purchased your power commanders? anyone use Fuel Moto USA?

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

I saw their listing on ebay and they claim to have the best support.

Electra Glide Standard Injected
Stage 1 download and air
Wild Pig slip-ons

·
Registered
755 Posts
I had one go bad while the dealer was doing an oil change. It was the PIII-R and not the newer USB version. Somehow they shorted it and it lost it's internal "brain."

The bike will then normally revert to the stock ECM settings (or whatever map was in your stock ECM when you added the PowerCommander.) This is because the PC is an "add-on" and your stock unit is still in the circuit. In my case the bike was then running very LEAN but it was still ok long enough to get it back into the shop from the middle of nowhere. I didn't notice the extremely lean condition until miles down the road because the bike started and ran normally at first. Then the engine temp went up 30 degrees hotter than normal, which was the symptom that something had changed.

So NO - it did not shut down the fuel supply entirely.

Best place in my opinion to by them is the "auction site that cannot be mentioned here" though there are guys in this forum who sell parts too - so maybe one of them will PM you with a good price.

Cheers.

·
Registered
503 Posts
PC go bad ?---not that I have seen

As a dyno owner and PC dealer ,I have only seen one with a problem ...bent pin in USB port .
I have sold hundreds and tuned even more, my own bike (2001 ultra 91 HP 101 fp TQ) has 77000 miles and no problems
good product---just my opinion :banana:

Good Luck

STEVE THE DYNO GUY :cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fuelmotousa

Yes, I used them for a pc111 usb for my 06 Roadking. Not only was he the cheepest to my door he also pre-loaded a map for my bike that he created by dyno-ing another 06 setup the same as mine (stage 1 air, SE slipons) no charge. It now runs GREAT! Jamie is the guy to talk to there. Nice gut..lots of help, great service and I would reccomend you calll him.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
02Blue said:
Yes, I used them for a pc111 usb for my 06 Roadking. Not only was he the cheepest to my door he also pre-loaded a map for my bike that he created by dyno-ing another 06 setup the same as mine (stage 1 air, SE slipons) no charge. It now runs GREAT! Jamie is the guy to talk to there. Nice gut..lots of help, great service and I would reccomend you calll him.
I have an '06 Street Glide with Stage 1 and SE slipons. I'm using the map from the CD ROM that came with my PCIII USB. It's for Stage 1 and SE pipes but for '02 bikes. What you have sounds like it may be better for my bike. Is there anyway I can get that map? Thanks.

eddie

·
Registered
503 Posts
06 mapping

Alpha,

P C USB is a great product, but it must be mapped correctly...your problem is 2006 HD have a different injector, not sure how much difference :dunno: .
Go to PC web site or paper work that came with PC .....find A autherized tuning center ( like me ) and get A custom map made on a dyno....IT WILL MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE,you have over $20,000 in your toy dont get cheep now :banana:

Good Luck

Steve The Dyno Guy :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts