V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are tons of great options for FXR's after 84 with the Evo, and tons of options for choppers, fxe, fxb, etc... but I'll be damned if I can find anyone making any exhaust that fits an 82, FXRS with the shovel that isn't just drag pipes. I guess it make sense because that's a 2 year run, but I have to hope. I'm not a great welder, and I want stainless steel, so I'm not gonna try and do it myself. Can anyone recommend a someone, and I'm willing to pay for custom work, who can make me an actual exhaust system for my bike?

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,777 Posts
RBRacing could probably do it. They make beautiful 2-1 pipes but some guys have complained about their bed-side manner. And they ain't cheap.

They've been my plan for years, if my E-Pipe ever went bad.

joe

·
Registered
722 Posts
Patrick Tilbury / Royal T. Racing would be another choice, he is deep into FXR`s.
I have a set from him, those welds are legend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patrick Tilbury / Royal T. Racing would be another choice, he is deep into FXR`s.
I have a set from him, those welds are legend.
I reached out to them! Seems like the best option I've found so far, but unfortunately still waiting for a response : /.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RBRacing could probably do it. They make beautiful 2-1 pipes but some guys have complained about their bed-side manner. And they ain't cheap.

joe
Yeah, I was considering them. Problem is the only reviews of their product I seem able to find are their own, on their website, which is a mess. I think the pipes look cool, but still not sold on them. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
124 Posts
Shovelheads like shorty staggered duals. This is what came on my 82 FXR. They are chrome, though.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Super trapps run excellent on the 80" engines,, they used to make staggered duals set as well as the 2-1 headder.. plan on dropping about $800,, but it is worth it...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts

joe
They are definitely...... uhhh straight shooters on customer service haha. I didn’t mind it at all but I can also see how those on the more “sensitive” side could be offended. They are by far not cheap I have about $1,500 I think all in to mine for the ‘89 but they are quality built.

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
124 Posts
I just re-read your original post. If you are a passable welder, and good fabricator, you can make your own from stainless mandrel bends, tack weld the parts together and bring them to a professional welder to finish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are tons of great options for FXR's after 84 with the Evo, and tons of options for choppers, fxe, fxb, etc... but I'll be damned if I can find anyone making any exhaust that fits an 82, FXRS with the shovel that isn't just drag pipes. I guess it make sense because that's a 2 year run, but I have to hope. I'm not a great welder, and I want stainless steel, so I'm not gonna try and do it myself. Can anyone recommend a someone, and I'm willing to pay for custom work, who can make me an actual exhaust system for my bike?
Go to a independently owned muffler shop. A guy around Harrison, Arkansas has made a lot for bikes.

·
Registered
83 FXR......93 FLHTP
24 Posts
I’ve heard and read slot of negative reviews about RB Racing. Just speaking from my personal experience they were great to deal with and I even emailed back n forth with the owner recently when I sent my pic in and he was good again. I got a turn out pipe , silver ceramic with black shields for my 83 FXR. They gave me a 10% veterans discount they told me it’d take about 6 weeks I didn’t email them or call in that time and I got my pipe in 5 weeks. Fit and finish were outstanding. Sounds great and pulls strong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts