V-Twin Forum banner

Do you like the VRSCA or Traditional Harley styling?

• VRSCA?

Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Traditional Harley styling?

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • Either, not bothered?

Votes: 27 32.1%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do any of you 'Really' like the new (not new in concept) New 'V Rod' VRSCA?
Or do you prefere the traditional 'HOG' Styling ???
And no! I'm not going into 'letters'! :rolleyes:

STYLING IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! not performance etc.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I kind of take a liking to it!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I like it. It has its own style. I heard one with really loud pipes last week . Man that thing was loud, hard to describe the sound maybe like a cross between a harley and an indy car. safe riding rickpoco

·
Registered
629 Posts
The more I see it, the more I like it. I don't personally want one, but I am sure that many out there would. Having a new model is kinda nice, just one more to choose from, now it is harder to make a decision I guess:p

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
I think they're cool. Not exactly my cup 'o tea, but cool nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I think it looks nice, and dig the engine big time, but can't wait for a "Tour" version of the bike to be release. With that engine it should rock as long as the "touring" versinon has the same general "desgin theme" as the orignal.

It looks very much like a Harley, (the V-Rod that is) and yet is advanced. Although I perfer the older more traditional styles, this one is very nice and if money were nothing, I would have both!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I like it. Not sure I would own one but I like it.:cool:

·
Jack ***
470 Posts

I like it also. There are other bikes I would choose first but it's a great looking ride. 125 HP doesn't hurt either. :D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
125hp'll do me! Put the motor in my scoot an I'll be happy.
I'm 6' and standing next to the v- rod, it's TINY.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Re: Vrod...

The radical departure from the norm is very slow to grow on me. You can call me a dinasaur but I have an affinity for push rod engines. With those you have to make power the old fashioned way. Big inch, hi-comp engines are music to my ears.

The power factor is very appealing. I am a fan of hard accelleration and this bike is no slouch in the face wrinkling department.

I like the Vrod for what it is but can't get past the toasteresque styling. Maybe some paint over all that anodized aluminum might help.

Just my $.02

Mike

·
Registered
396 Posts
I agree. Lose that headlight and those bars. The rear fender is kinda fugly too.

I do like the styling of the engine, frame and tank (well, what is traditionally known as a tank).

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Well as for me, I can say that it is a nice bike, but it is not my style at all. If I were to want a rocket, I would not look to Harley to build it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I like it alot. I wouldn't mind it for my 2nd bike

·
Registered
906 Posts
Love it!

I absolutely love it!! I've always been a fan of the traditional look of the classic Harley but man this one just blows you away!

I've had mine since April and already put 4000 miles on it, WOOHOO!!

Peace

-JJ

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
MPZ said:
Ugly as a box of rocks.

Well..,. LOL!..... Welcome to the forum.

Any chance of getting you to tell us what ya ride?

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
V Rod

I think it looks a lot better in person than in pictures , but I ride a FLHTC so that lets you know what I would spend my money on.

KrazyGG

·
Registered
629 Posts
Re: V Rod

KrazyGG said:
I think it looks a lot better in person than in pictures , but I ride a FLHTC so that lets you know what I would spend my money on.

KrazyGG
Same deal here. I didn't like what I saw in the pictures, but I liked it in real life.

I also thought the Road Glide was ugly a few months ago. Now I want one...

·
Registered
69 Posts
ditto's----- to JoeJitsu's post

Got mine in april--------just rolled past 2K-------i'm a newbie, and this is my first bike---------i f'n love it--------she's quick , responsive------and flows over the road like silk---not a sign of an oil or coolant leak

my bike appeals to me because it has an Alien look about it------the vents on the side are like gills , and the radiator scoop are like mandibles--------its low and the rake gives the appearence that she's on a hunt------the all metal look is like ride'n a Terminator skeleton

i get biffed around a bit in the wake of a semi on the freeway, but not to the point that i dont feel as though i dont have control-------i could stand a more comfortable seat------got some arth. in my back and knees , so i do get a little squirmy after awhile-----but hey, i hit the 52 mile marker in jan. so whatyaspect

hey , i like some "G's" bustin me in the ass so i roll the throttle every now and then------- she scoots--------she starts rollin and i'm holdin tight----but when the tach get's to 6k it like i'm on a different bike-------she comes alive and **** starts happ'n --------the g's are kickin me , the wind is blastin my chest , the air noise from my helmet is deafening , and my baud rate cant assimilate all that goin on , so MY rev limiter ( AKA my right hand) starts kickin in way before the engine's-------not embarressed to say that i have not had her over 7K-------dont go think'n i'm some wuss or somethin----7K in 5th puts you in The Zone

bottom line----i love my bike and i'm have'n fun

Hutch

1 - 20 of 54 Posts