V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a direct number to Ultima the manufacture to discuss warranty on a rim.

Rim has 5 miles on it and it bent already Ultima King Spoke ..

·
Laughing Poseur
5,253 Posts
don't think your gonna get a number for "Ultima"...they don't deal with the retail public....have you tried Midwest....they're a distributor...just like Jireh.

sidenote.....the fact you have ANY miles on it is probably gonna get you a big "tough crap" from them...I can already hear their response "How do we know you didn't hit a pot hole or something else with it?"

good luck but don't hold your breath

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Looking for a direct number to Ultima the manufacture to discuss warranty on a rim.

What Cwilks said. You say it is bent. Is it bent or out of true? If bent, did you hit something? If you did hit something you are probably S.O.L.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you'll see by the pic that there is no scuffs on rim or tire indicating an accident. There is even still a tire nipples showing, to show how little wear was on tire or to prove it has little to no miles on it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There u guys go be warned they have done nothing at all to help me with this problem, to this point.These wheels were not bent from install either I did check upon receiving them from my LOCAL HARLEY DEALER. The fit on these wheels were garbage as well, all threads had to be chased and you can even see several spokes coming through hub as they drilled the brake rotor holes too deep. Apparently quality control is not heard of at Ultima. I was considering one of their crate engines at time no way I would ever now. I understand that some things can go wrong with quality checks/products from time to time but to completely ignore your customer and push them to the side especially on a safety issue is not acceptable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ultimas fault? Dont think so

That is clearly a flat spot usually caused by hitting some thing or possibly done when mounting the tire if the installer didn't use the drop zone on the rim properly. FYI I taught Chassis and Suspension for the HD training school for 6 years. I am in no way going to defend "Ultima" products but this is clearly not the fault of the maker. Sorry

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay well if it hit a small pot hole and it did this (10-20mph 2" deep 3" long)... its not ultimas issue.... yet you can slam a 80mph wheelie down on a supermoto (spoked rim still), hop curbs, etc. or even just drive on same roads, and those wheels never bent/flat spotted .... come on

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
From past dealings with ultima on behalf of customers. My experiences are. They will warranty nothing. Stay away from their products unless as is, is good with you.
BTW, i too have extensive knowledge of suspension, it either came that way or from an RC tire changer, the installer screwing up, or hitting something in the road. Sorry man, I DO NOT LIKE ULTIMA PRODUCTS OR THE COMPANIES PRACTICES, but you admitted the wheel wasn't damaged out of the box, you admitted the wheel wasn't damaged at the time of install, so that leaves only hitting something in the road as the only explanation. No warranty.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,053 Posts
okay well if it hit a small pot hole and it did this (10-20mph 2" deep 3" long)... its not ultimas issue.... yet you can slam a 80mph wheelie down on a supermoto (spoked rim still), hop curbs, etc. or even just drive on same roads, and those wheels never bent/flat spotted .... come on
That's pretty specific information for an event that didn't happen. :confused:

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Glad to see others weigh-in on Ultima's lack of CS or apparent concern. Exactly what I experienced and why I won't use their products.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I got one of the crate motors I wish I would not have I would definitely tell anyone not to buy an Ultima motor because you cannot find any support anywhere Midwestern son of a bitch got a dead skip in it

·
Registered
557 Posts
Consider it a blessing those fat spoke wheels look retarded...just sayin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts