V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doc, I think I got it right this time. I am pretty happy for stock cams and heads. How does it look to you? Thanks jeff

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Mtclassic said:
Doc, I think I got it right this time. I am pretty happy for stock cams and heads. How does it look to you? Thanks jeff
hey Jeff that looks great...looks like you found an operator, good job and very good numbers for what you have.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me Doc, I could not have gotten it this good without your sage advice. The tech said that the things he learned in from Matt in Phoenix were some of the exact things that I told him about that I learned from you. I asked him to do front and rear afr and he said in training he never got one to come out as good as mine as far as both cylinders being so close. My only regret is I forgot to have him do a 5th gear run for bragging rights. Any opinion what it would do on a 5th gear run? Thanks for all your help. jeff

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Hey MTclassic...how bout you put some details in this thread on what mods put those numbers together. It'll be more help to others that way.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seahag, the details were posted on the dyno chart. Stock heads and cams, supertrapp 2:1 with 10 disks and open end cap, 95 SE flattops, SE aircleaner without the football cover, stock cv40 carb with 180 main, 46 slow, and KT1 needle. Doc answered a lot of repetitive carb questions for me helping me get it just right and was spot on every time.

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Mtclassic, good job. It shows the value of good tuning.
If your happy with the dyno guy hows about posting his info on the Top Tuners thread in the V-Twin Engine Mods forum?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts