V-Twin Forum banner

Are there other Harley owners in your neighborhood?

• Yes, at least one Harley owner in my neighborhood.

Votes: 148 82.2%
  • No, I'm the only Harley owner in my neighborhood.

Votes: 20 11.1%
  • I live in the country so I have no neighbors.

Votes: 12 6.7%
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was in the back yard staining my deck when I heard what sounded like a Harley going by on the street in front of my house. This noise perked me up as I have NO Harley owners that I know of in the entire neighborhood. That is over 130 plus houses. Have one metric cruiser and two crotch rockets but that is it.

Needless to say, I quit staining the deck and headed to the front yard to investigate the possible Harley existence which is about as common as an alien sighting. I found it was no longer going by on the street but was parked in my driveway. A friend of mine was stopping by to show off his new to him Ultra.

That was good but I was wishing one of my neighbors had gotten biten by the Harley bug. I feel so lonely being the only owner of an H-D within a 1 mile radius. I wonder if others have the same issue or if I just live in an anti Harley area?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Neighbor across the street has EGUC, his son has a WG.
There's a guy, whom I don't know, one street over that has a Sportster but I swear he only rides it around the neighborhood a couple of times a month. He does spend a few minutes a week starting it up and letting idle for 10 minutes before whacking the throttle 5-6 times. Then all is quiet for another week. lol
Neighbor 8 houses down has a Harley, but it sits in FRONT of his garage under a cover. I've never seen it being ridden.

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
The across-the-street neighbor, and one of my most reliable friends, had a beautiful blue ElectraGlide until a broken marriage. We rode ours together on daytrips quite often until that. You can see the sorrow and longing on his face anytime he sees mine.

I usually waiting for his truck to be missing from his driveway before I fire mine up for a ride. I've offered to let him take it for a spin, but he always says he just couldn't do it.

Another neighbor has a couple of Harleys in the garage, a Sportster and a Heritage. He often burns the overhead lights until well after midnight working on that Sporty. Last year he repainted all of the metalworks in a makeshift paintbooth and it's looking pretty sharp. I've never seen him ride though :confused:

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
I'm in the country, but I have neighbors.
There is 3 Harleys around me. There is 4 other kinds of bikes also. We get along pretty good here.

·
Registered
201 Posts
A couple - I am always wrenching in the garage on something and a couple of my neighbors typically slow down and wave or stop by for a quick chat. They like my old hot rods and my '48 Chief too.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
My next door neighbor has a Harley.A married couple across the street have them also.And a guy on the otherside of the block has a Harley as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I live on a fairly busy road and the Harleys are driving by pretty consistently. I wouldn't know if any of them are my neighbors though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I live in small town near Moscow with population size about 55k
There are 5 Harleys in our town.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Guy across the street has a Yamaha touring something, he and his wife ride a bit but not what i'd call a lot. We invite them to ride with us whenever we head out but they've never accepted.
There is a guy with a Road King a few doors down that I think I've seen him ride twice in the past 8 years. It's not his first Harley either, he had a Dyna back before I got my first Harley. I hear out in his garage when he fires it up for 5 or 10 minutes every few months. I keep telling him he's doing more harm than good doing that but oh well...

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
Used to be the only Harley owner/rider around for many years back in the 60's and 70's.Now they are every where.Most of the boys around here ride stock or close to it,very few are into the big hp

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I live on a 8 mile long dead end road in the country, but on the river / lake. About 44 houses along the road.

Next to me, the guy has a 05 Delux, with maybe 10K mikes on it. Five houses up the road has a Road King and a Arlen Ness chopper, the kings see's lots of miles. Then there are about five others on the dead end road, two more get ridden quite a bit and there other 3 are more like garage candy.

Then there are the three at my house.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
One guy with a Sporty across the street and another with a Wide Glide. Up the way around the corner is a guy with two in the garage that I never see go anywhere and one guy with a Road King a few streets over that rides all the time. Have caught a glimpse now and then of a guy on a white what looks like a new Super Glide from what I can see of it. I think the Sporty and the Road King are the only two besides mine nearby with any mods other than just pipes.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I live on a cul-de-sac and none of my neighbors or others down the street own Harleys.
My elderly next door neighbor hauls ass down the driveway on his scooter hits the street and zooms away on a half flat rear tire. I offered to inflate for him and he said "no thanks it rides softer this way"

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Oh, I didn't mention the couple with the matching jumpsuits and helmets that cruise by on a Wing every once in a while giving me looks of disdain when I'm getting ready to go for a ride. :whatever:

DUH... sorry. Forgot we were talking about Harleys.

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
They're everywhere, they're everywhere.... too many to count but like bassnsporty says, most are garage queens.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Two other Harley's in my Townhouse community. One, don't know what kind, lives under one of those clam shell tents and the other, a Softtail Classic, under a cover most of the time. Neither ones gets ridden much.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I'm out and about in the county, There's a few close by. Where I live there's Motorcycles going by all the time.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts