V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We put one on our bike in like March and I still think it is uncomfortable. I know it takes awhile to break it in and fit just right but after about an hour my butt really hurts. Does it take a long time to get it just right or what? I just wonder how long I have to hang in there till it feels good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
L&L,
I recently bought a Corbin Gambler for my Electra Glide. It looks SO cool, but I have to agree with you on the comfort issue. My butt goes to sleep after an hour on the bike. I've put 500 miles on the seat and I believe it is getting a little better. I can tell it is starting to conform a bit. My factory seat is still like a recliner. Are you the only one sitting in the saddle?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Ive had mine for about a week and must say it is much better then the stock seat. I only have about 200 miles on it so I havn't taken to many long rides yet. I like the way you set in it, not on it.:cool:

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I've had the Corbin dual tour for over 1000 miles. It was better than the stock seat the day I installed it and even better now. I like it being firm....I wouldn't call it hard. What model seat do you have on what bike?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fastlane, nope just a passenger.......For now
logical,I guess you could call it firm, but after awhile it just feels hard. It is called gunfighter and a lady on a FXDWG3.
The stock seat was like a piece of dental floss, so I guess this is better!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
LNL, love the crack(pun intended) about the dental floss, been there done that! The back seat I put on mine isn't comfy at all, but I never intended to take any passengers, didn't realize that I might end up being the passenger on my own bike until we had to go to the dealer and pickup my OM's bike when It went in for repairs.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Would I sound like a sexist pig if I asked to see pictures of all these female butts in question in order to make a more educated evaluation of the best seat firmness for them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Used 2 have a corbin dual Touring seat on my Sportster and I have to say: It looked cool (2 me) and was very comfortable. A whole lot better than the 2 stock seats I had and better than the FLSTS-seat on my actual bike...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Corbin close solo for me. I like it. I stand 5'8" and I find that the Close Solo allows me to sit more erect and avoid that pinching sensation between the shoulder blades after a day of riding. It is on my sportster. I tried the mustang touring seat but I sat too far back. I returned it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im still thinking about mine. We went to OK city a couple days ago, the ride out was ok, the ride home was a little hard. 375 miles one way. The Corbin is way better as far as the passenger is concerned on a RKC. I am beginning to think it is going to be a little to hard for me. Going to ride it a few more miles to give it a chance. It is getting better the more I ride it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
After two Corbin dual tours, I am wondering if there is anything out there that is better? One was on a Heritage, hard seat but rode fine, and the other was a RK. Has anyone had the dual tour and found something they like better? I have looked at the Zeppelin seat but think it might look very large without a Tour Pak. I need one with a back rest.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Having owned several Corbin seats and one Mustang, I would have to vote for the Corbin. Nothing really wrong with the Mustang, but I just like the Corbin better. Just this mans' opinion. You know what they say about opinions tho...

tbone

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.