V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just minding my own business the other night making out my Christmas list. When it was done I had a page full of part numbers and where they could be purchased. Am I the only one with this disease ? Help me out here. My wife says I have it bad, that it is incurable !:D (She's probably right !)

How 'bout you ?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'll have to try that with my friends and family. If I ever got married again, I would register at a H-D dealer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I do that too twincamz! I have a regular Christmas List and then it says "anything on my Harley list" and my Harley list has part numbers. :)

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Don't worry my friend. We are normal and we have our priorties in line. I do the same thing. I know what I want and just give them the part numbers and prices.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
....same here - don't want any one going through too many hoops (and getting the wrong dayum thing)..........

·
Registered
688 Posts
Money. Just give me money. Then they don't have to worry about numbers. Yea I've already given out P/Ns and I've been real good Santa!!!!!:D :D

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Well...I have to say that I am also inflicted with the disease. I have to go one step further with my wife though. I have to give her the exact part number, catalog/company, phone number for ordering or location of desired part, and the person that I talked to. I always check in advance to make sure the part is available and tell the person what is going on and my wife will be calling/stopping in for this part possibly. They are usually pretty amused and always willing to help.
Doing this has allowed her to purchase a set of Bassani Pro Street exhaust pipes for me this year as well as much needed chrome! She does spoil me!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Okay maybe not a formal "Christmas List" on frilly Santa paper or anything, but if the Ol' Lady is making out lists for gifts and she asks what I want for Christmas...she gets detailed instructions of what, when, who, and where for specific parts.
I'm 25 by the way...not the oldest person here obviously, but I haven't sat on Santa's lap in MANY years...unless you count that chick at the Titty bar in the skimpy Santa suit...now there are some of the cute "Santa's Helper" girls in the mall I wouldn't mind on MY lap for a while!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
FXDeanX said:
How old are you guys?

I am not telling, (you'll have to click to find out)

You still make out lists? Do you still go to the mall and sit on Santa's lap?

..have you seen the Home Depot commercials latey? Don't have to, just shag a kid to do it :D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
After last years Chrome Goodie Fest. my OL said I'm getting nothing for the bike this year!!! :(
We'll see, we'll see.....

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
hogg831 said:
..have you seen the Home Depot commercials latey? Don't have to, just shag a kid to do it
"Did you see Michael Jackson dangle that kid from the Hotel Balcony?"..
'No, are sure sure it wasn't a plastic Doll'?...
"No, it wasn't a Doll, definately Michael Jackson!"
'Did he drop it?'
"Naw, but the kid was lucky, he usually just tosses them off." :eek:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:rolleyes: HH,
I missed the joke in that joke.........but then I am fairly certain you haven't seen a Home Depot commercial either:D

I'd call that even:cool:

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I have it too, but I registered on the HD website & created a wishlist of the parts I wanted. I just email the URL for my wishlist to whoever asks & all they have to do is click, click, click... & everyone is happy!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I tried to talk my family into a "grab" in which I would have printed little pieces of paper with part number, catalog, store, etc and everyone got the chance to grab one out of a hat. Money was no object.................:D

HO HO HO

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh chit yeah, I've got my goodie list in an Excel spreadsheet! Not only do I have part numbers, I've got catalog and page numbers. My S.O. prints it out, marks what she wants to get and takes it to the dealer. While she's lookin at stuff they pull the parts for her. Aint technology (and a great wife and dealer) grand??

-jeff

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yep, I sure do ,not that I expect to customize the scoot Christmas day "Hmm...Naw that"s never gonna happin, I'm always to naughty" but a list of stuff (not expensive)and if needed part numbers just to help whoever is shoping a little easier.
"Hey I do what I can":D

·
Registered
688 Posts
As you get older, lists are a real lifesaver!!!:D Lets see, Milk, eggs, 1 case of HD360...;)

·
Registered
985 Posts
That's normal.
I gave my part # list to my SO . She thinks it's amusing and tells all her friends that her lists includes part numbers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts