V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
The thing about blanket labels is they don't always fit the profile. I know a few guys who ride that have made some very good business decisions and even better investments and live better than I could ever hope to. They might have an expensive luxury car in the garage or a fully loaded SUV, live in a $300,000 home and have more toys than anyone person needs, but are they a RUB or a poser? It all depends on how they act and how they view their bikes and what it means to own a Harley.

I know if these guys lost it all and had to sell everything they own, they would starve before they would ever sell their bikes. To call one of them a RUB or poser would be the same as calling them a$$holes or dickheads in their eyes.

The type that does however get under my skin are the ones that have the money and feel it's unnecessary to show it off. I was at a popular resort town this past weekend with some friends. We rode up there just to get out and put some miles on our bikes, about a two hour ride one way for us. There were a lot of bikes up there. You could tell the “rider” from the posers. The riders were the ones coming in wearing their leathers because it was a cold ride that day. The Posers were the ones with the tank tops on riding the custom choppers back an forth on the strip making sure to crack the throttle so everyone knew they were there. They made sure they all parked in a nice neat line against the curb and stood there looking like their sh!t didn't stink. Then they would jump on them, tear ass up the strip making as much noise as they could, ride back and park them...

Funny thing was, they all trailered them up there for the day and they were from the same area I 'm from!!!

They ate up the fact that people up there who (didn't ride) were making a big fuss over their nice shinny new customs. The “riders” would just walk by and look . We stopped to look at one because I liked the paint job, and some guys was standing there drooling over them with his wife and kids. He said to me, “That is one sweet bike”.

I said,”Yeah, to bad they trailer them here just to ride back and forth to show off” and walked away. The guy that owned the bike just stood there looking at me.

Now thats what I call a fukin POSER

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
BadgerOctane said:
Well Bree, I rode yesterday, even with a few that I've never cruised with before. I was voted Captain because I have more seat time under my ass than those guys and ironically I was also the youngest behind the grips. I also learned some very interesting things about myself through some women's eyes that I never realized before. Not sure if its depressing or if it simply takes one hell of a breed of woman to hang around me but its news I'll likely ponder for a while.

Badger
LOL!!

You're an Oak Leaf man... the ladies will want to hang around once they know what they got!

Rock on!
:D :D :D

·
Banned
21,644 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
berserker said:
Not sure whats wrong with that. I sort of fall in there. I have a few bucks, but wear my old boots and t-shirt. If it would make you feel better I will buy some lofers for my next ride, and a polo.
My mistake, that was a typo...

What I intended to say was the ones that have money and feel it's necessary to show it off.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oak Leaf?

Since this thread seems to be winding down, maybe I can change the subject on something Breeliz mentioned. I'm hoping that maybe I can bring the spirit of the 'Curios About Colors' thread over to this one.

Breeliz mentioned that Oak Leaf designation that's under BadgerOctane's avatar. I'm curios about that. I remember from my days in the service that the oak leaf designated recognition (multiple times) above and beyond what was expected. I assume this is the same. And Breeliz says it will attract women...;) Do tell, BadgerOctane, if you will...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Bridgebldr26 said:
Badge-I look at it this way. These RUB's, poser's, (whatever the label) show up at our club parties. They buy our high priced beer, trip over one another to get their hands on our support shirts and any other miscellaneous gear we're selling and then return to their mundane lifes and brag to all their friends about how they got to go to a 'real' biker party. For the most part they behave without needing to be reminded who's house they're in. They also know it's a one shot deal. Don't come back unless specifically invited. Bottom line is we make some cash, they have a good time. Would I ride with them?, Nope. Are they my new found friends? Never. One hand washes the other. I'm sure in your business you see it all the time. If they want a mural of their old lady's pimply ass on their scoot's tank you'd do it as long as the $$$'s was right. Business deal only. Riding bro', never. Peace....
makes me wonder...why some one claiming to be in an MC would have to explain all this :confused:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
jcaron9999 said:
Since this thread seems to be winding down, maybe I can change the subject on something Breeliz mentioned. I'm hoping that maybe I can bring the spirit of the 'Curios About Colors' thread over to this one.

Breeliz mentioned that Oak Leaf designation that's under BadgerOctane's avatar. I'm curios about that. I remember from my days in the service that the oak leaf designated recognition (multiple times) above and beyond what was expected. I assume this is the same. And Breeliz says it will attract women...;) Do tell, BadgerOctane, if you will...
I will explain for reasons that will become manifest. Some time ago I started a thread that asked members to post sexy PIX of themselves... not XXX rated but more like R-rated. If a member bared something or had a sexy pose, they were awarded VTF Beads like beads from the Jerry Springer show. It became a very popular thread very quickly for obvious reasons.

However, we always want more. I pushed for more and more people to bare more and more... and some did. Those who REALLY bared their wares were awarded additional honors. For men the highest level of achievement was the Oak Leaf Cluster.

The first Oak Leaf Cluster winner was BadgerOctane who bared it all for all to see. And the ladies were quite pleased and mightily impressed by his performance. Subsequently a few other brave men earned Oak Leaf Clusters.

Unfortunately, the thread deteriorated and became quite divisive. The moderators moved it to EAYOR because of the graphic content and the divisiveness grew. The thread was ultimately 86'ed from the system.

It is a sore subject for many folks and we are all doing some healing. I am certainly sorry that the original fun was lost and I feel bad for losing control and offending any of the folks who were offended. But that doesn't change the fact that Badger did a very courageous thing and EARNED a commendation. He still has it under his name and I couldn't be more pleased that he recognizes it for what it is... a patch he earned and can wear proudly.

It takes a hell of a man to bare it all in a forum like this... on the net... for all the world to see... and be the first to do it The guy is cool as hell if you ask me.

Hope that helps give a little history and perspective.

·
Registered
349 Posts
BadgerOctane said:
Also, just a quick end note, before asking a question you might want to do a search on the topic within this forum first. That way in case someone was stupid before, you don't get put in the dipsh!t catagory with the rest of them.

Badger
Badger,
To save me time from doing a search, should I use Dino or Syn? Thanks,

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks Breeliz,

That's funny as hell and took a lot of guts on his part. Now I understand why he calls them cluster balls instead of cluster leafs...;)

Maybe I'm missing out on something by not getting a password for the EAYOR forum. I'll have to rectify that...

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
jcaron9999 said:
Thanks Breeliz,

That's funny as hell and took a lot of guts on his part. Now I understand why he calls them cluster balls instead of cluster leafs...;)

Maybe I'm missing out on something by not getting a password for the EAYOR forum. I'll have to rectify that...

LOL!

I haven't been in EAYOR for some time so I am not sure what's going on in that den of iniquity. But I'm sure the bad boyz have some kind of lewd fun going on in there. Seems that you guyz just keep producing that crazy chemical every day and need your relief!!!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
105 Posts
tdickman said:
makes me wonder...why some one claiming to be in an MC would have to explain all this :confused:
tDICKman- The response had nothing to do with the validation of my club affiliation. It was about concessions that we all make in life. Try following along once in awhile rather than reading between the lines.....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Bridgebldr26 said:
tDICKman- The response had nothing to do with the validation of my club affiliation. It was about concessions that we all make in life. Try following along once in awhile rather than reading between the lines.....
Bridgebldr26 said:
So the fuk what. Be true to what you are and stop worrying so much about what others think.
I thought I was following along...the post started out by badgeroctane about dumb ass questions...your post just came across to me as unusual...most guys I know in a MC don't explain this ...its kind of a given (like a dumbass question). Hey don't take it wrong I am sure thats not what you meant....just how it came across to me.

TD

·
Pestilence
2,092 Posts
So the fuk what. Be true to what you are and stop worrying so much about what others think. Spending all your time trying to propogate the 'mysterious' image of a true Harley rider(whatever the fuk that is) is getting a little old. Just ride and the rest will take care of itself.

Goddamn, truest words I've heard to date...

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Chaps and...

I just have to say I love chaps. I think that leather chaps are the most flattering thing a girl can wear, depending, of course on her shape. I like chaps with thongs, boy shorts, jeans, whatever. I think they look awesome on us girls no matter what we wear under them. There is just something hot about them. Some of the hottest pics I ever took for my hubby were of me in chaps with boy shorts or thongs under them. I think he'd agree. Baby?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I just have to say I love chaps. I think that leather chaps are the most flattering thing a girl can wear, depending, of course on her shape. I like chaps with thongs, boy shorts, jeans, whatever. I think they look awesome on us girls no matter what we wear under them. There is just something hot about them. Some of the hottest pics I ever took for my hubby were of me in chaps with boy shorts or thongs under them. I think he'd agree. Baby?
thongs and chaps, eh
Aghh its all seasonal, hon
right now Am all concentratin to dont freeze ma azz, my Dear ^rolleyez^

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
do the right thang

I trust you "ladies" will encourage those who need it.

Do your best to encourage us "chaps" by looking good in yours:laugh:

thongs and chaps, eh
Aghh its all seasonal, hon
right now Am all concentratin to dont freeze ma azz, my Dear ^rolleyez^

41 - 60 of 64 Posts