V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down last September(hit a deer) . This place first of all talked my wife into signing the insurance check over to them while I was out west Elk hunting . They said it would be done in October early November . I got my bike back except for one of the tanks . It didn't match the rest of the paint job . It will be May before I get the tank back . Now I strongly emphized that I wanted the exact same color as it orginally was . Dark Burgandy and Red . It is now Dark red and Red . Can I have them repaint it in the fall (it's riding season now) at their expence? or am I stuck with this color . AAnd have to repaint ie at my expence ?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Glad you are okay... first off.

Signing the check over was like saying bye bye to your leverage. That said, your request is reasonable if they are reputable... that is the only leg you have left.

·
Registered
417 Posts
If the repair work was improperly done, you have a valid complaint against the shop which did the work. The insurance company should help with this. Unfortunately, it's going to be hard to find sympathy for a slightly wrong shade of color, even though it is very important to you. And as mentioned, once the check is signed, it's not going to be easy.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts