V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All... Just signed up and read all the previous threads! I'm 51 tomorrow and just bought my first Harley, a pearl white Fatboy! Picked it up Dec 14th. Put some nice highway pegs with stirups on and mini ape hangers! Now its just right!
Grew up in Milwaukee. Got a buddy who rides Harleys for Harley! Tough job, eh? He's retiring in a year or two! His brother works where they made your seats and bags!
I quit HS and joined the Army in 69! Went right to Nam after AIT. 4th Cav Cu Chi. Medivaced with only 4 months in-country. Went home and got married Dec 70. Just had our 31st anniv. 2 grown sons that work with me! We have a siding contracting company in Los Alamos NM and do pretty well! The wife works with us on the job site at times as well!
Had a 650 Yamaha Special from 82 to 84 and put 22000 miles on it. Sold it in Late 84 and hadn't had a bike since... Til now! I love this babe! She is so sweet! Taking her in for her 1k on Monday! I probably should clean her up tho! Been riding in snow and melt for 3 days! Can't stop...
Paid over 23k for it but the base in NM is 19k. Hindsight? Should have bought it in Phoenix and saved about 3k but I really don't feel bad! She is worth every penny.
My other love is taking images of deep space objects such as galaxies and nebulas thru my 10" light bucket in the backyard! Funny thing tho! Haven't shot an image since Dec 14!
Looking forward to this group's comraderie (sp)
Many Thanks! buen cielo, Dan NM

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome aboard, Dan! The Forum does provide an excellent place for camaraderie and an excuse to toast a brew. I'm sure SOMEDAY you'll have some time for your other love. :D

Oh, we have several members living on the West Coast.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Hmm... Someone is going into the past digging up threads. :roflback:

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Alzheimers is a wonderful thing, you meet new friends everyday :)

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Again, Here I am welcoming a person whom is three years my senior. Or is it a post from 2002.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts