V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 99' fxdx with SE 1 slip ons. I think they are the first ones as they say Harley davidson on the muffler rather than SE. They are quiet as hell. Is that a California thing or areall the SE1 slip-ons that quiet.

I was looking at S&S slip ons or the krome werks as they are rather inexpensive. But are they going to sound much better??

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Dragon_MD said:
I got a 99' fxdx with SE 1 slip ons. I think they are the first ones as they say Harley davidson on the muffler rather than SE. They are quiet as hell. Is that a California thing or areall the SE1 slip-ons that quiet.

I was looking at S&S slip ons or the krome werks as they are rather inexpensive. But are they going to sound much better??

Harley makes a slash cut muffler that looks exactly like SEs but it's not. It's just a stock muffler. It says Harley Davidson on the side. I bet that's what you have. They sound just like stock mufflers because, other than looks, thats what they are.

·
Banned
871 Posts
Dragon_MD said:

Find some aftermarket pipes. There are many that will outperform anything HD makes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet they are just stock pipes that look better!! I would say that sucks but it just makes me want new slip-ons even more and can't wait to see the difference.

SO now, I think it is between krome werks and cycle shack. Any opinions? Which are louder? perform better? sound better?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Khrome Werks

Cycle Shacks are louder but I think Khrome werks HP sound better. Performance? I have Khrome werks very happy with sound and performance.

·
Banned
871 Posts
Dragon_MD said:
I bet they are just stock pipes that look better!! I would say that sucks but it just makes me want new slip-ons even more and can't wait to see the difference.

SO now, I think it is between krome werks and cycle shack. Any opinions? Which are louder? perform better? sound better?
The best 2-2 pipes you can get are either the Bartels or the Python IIIs. For cheap slip-ons, the Cycle Shack mufflers are pretty good. Still not as good as the above mentioned systems, though. The best performing exhaust, without a doubt, is a good 2-1 system (not the H-D models). Check out www.nightrider.com for their exhaust system test results. Some of the results may surprise you! :hmmm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts