V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of brake pads do you guys use and how do you like them?

My stock front pads are about ready for replacement and was thinking about going with Lyndall Gold pads, and perhaps their rotors. I was told that they were far superior than the stock ones and would eliminate the annoying brake dragging noise.

thrasher

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed Z+ pads from Lyndall last month, better stopping than the OE pads BUT not as good in the rain as the DP918's I had on my previous Road King. Neither one of them has noticeable brake pad dust, so I suggest the DP's. My opinion only.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SEGLIDE said:
I installed Z+ pads from Lyndall last month, better stopping than the OE pads BUT not as good in the rain as the DP918's I had on my previous Road King. Neither one of them has noticeable brake pad dust, so I suggest the DP's. My opinion only.
Thanks.

I've done some googling of the DP-918 and there are nearly all good comments. I'm going to give them a try. One comment stated that sometimes they squeal and were hard on rotors because they are mostly all metallic. Did yours?

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
I'm sold on the Lyndall Z pads. Put them on all the way around with the new wheels and tires last week. I'm running the HD teardrop floating rotors as well. Bled the brakes and replenished with new Dot 5. Front lever is now about a half inch pull to engage the brakes. The bike stops quickly and very smooth with minimal effort.

I'm looking forward to the end of the filthy black brake dust too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts