V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Using a baby for non-evasive measures(such as using imbilical blood) as long as he/she were taken care of and had the same rights, is ok. To have a baby for the express purpose of them growing a kidney is or in order to harvest bone marrow is repulsive in the extreme. If you have a child with a defect, so be it. To expect another child to save him is not good use of genetic material. Would there be a rider saying that anyone helped in this manner should be steralized so as not to pass on the defect to future generations?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
I sure hope that this "baby" isn't anymore than a shell to house parts...a growth bag if you will with no semblance of a brain!!! If that were the case then it would be no more than growing tissue...any other application I would totally against!!!

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
I don't see what the problem is. The wife and I had kids just so we had somebody who could do all the work around the house and bring me my beer. Oh yeah, it makes our government checks bigger too. :beer4u:

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
Frankenstein science

Blye me, these Brits r off :wacko: their rocker.

The socialized medicine will say,"if you smoke we will not treat you", keeping cost down.
If your are overweight , "we will not treat you till you lose a couple of more pounds".

Wher the heck do they think they can create life for spare stem cells or other body material.
They can't even get a timely operation when necessary.

If amniosentices(Fred did, i butcher the spelling?) will not warn of defects, then you should make the best of it for the child.

Who the Bleep do they think they are? Useing a newborn you for spare parts.

No F in way!

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should we encourage stem cell research instead so we don't have no morality questions with a farmbred baby?

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
yeh

Fred1369 said:
should we encourage stem cell research instead so we don't have no morality questions with a farmbred baby?
and if it holds so much promise(adult stem cell research)let the private sector invest in the studies.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Most research on anything has goverment funding. A rider on the funding that it gets paid back if at all lucrative would be a better idea. When the goverment funds research, the results usually make for jobs for Americans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts