V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working up in Canada years ago I used to drive my car across the border and never had a problem with the border patrol. The first time I went across on my bike "WHOAAAA" I was stripped searched, the bike was searched and they ran the dope snffing dog around the bike. Talk about discrimination!!!! I felt like I was John Dillanger on the lam.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I been with a company for 15 years and now have a new boss. He put me on a 30 day notice to cut my hair shave my face and quit wearing a do-rag or they will let me go. He said that this is not the image for a supervisor. Anyone need a good worker?
 

·
EvilMonger
Joined
·
8,792 Posts
It's been okay for 15 years and now image and not performance is an issue?? I would talk to an attorney and ask for that demand in writing, it might just be his undoing!!
 

·
Wicked!
Joined
·
6,743 Posts
ArchAngel said:
Working up in Canada years ago I used to drive my car across the border and never had a problem with the border patrol. The first time I went across on my bike "WHOAAAA" I was stripped searched, the bike was searched and they ran the dope snffing dog around the bike. Talk about discrimination!!!! I felt like I was John Dillanger on the lam.

What was their reason for this strip search and search, in general? Sounds like you've got a good excuse to hire a lawyer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
958 Posts
darby308 said:
I been with a company for 15 years and now have a new boss. He put me on a 30 day notice to cut my hair shave my face and quit wearing a do-rag or they will let me go. He said that this is not the image for a supervisor. Anyone need a good worker?
He's probably bluffing, unless you really do look like a scumbag (smiley face here). A lawyer will scare the shi* out of him. I think this has been to court already and you will win. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
935 Posts
ftby24 said:
What was their reason for this strip search and search, in general? Sounds like you've got a good excuse to hire a lawyer.
Your rights are limited at the border/customs. If they want to search you or invade your privacy they can. If you don't like it... don't leave home. They aren't local cops, they don't need probable cause.

As for the dress code, I've taken **** about that myself for wearing denim. So I started wearing leather jeans over my slacks for the commute. It shuts my boss up, but now I get ridiculed by my coworkers. Serves me right... makin' fun of guys wearin' chaps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,927 Posts
shinbone1028 said:
He's probably bluffing, unless you really do look like a scumbag (smiley face here). A lawyer will scare the shi* out of him. I think this has been to court already and you will win. Good luck!
The only downside to this to keep in mind is that even if you win in court and get some form of settlement, the management will be pissed off to the point where you will probably lose your job the first thing that you do wrong (ie. if you are 30 seconds late to work). Just something to keep in mind for after the whole court thing (if you go that route).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,413 Posts
ArchAngel said:
Working up in Canada years ago I used to drive my car across the border and never had a problem with the border patrol. The first time I went across on my bike "WHOAAAA" I was stripped searched, the bike was searched and they ran the dope snffing dog around the bike. Talk about discrimination!!!! I felt like I was John Dillanger on the lam.
Every time that I've crossed into Canada on the bike, everything was searched. Bags had to be unloaded, trailer unloaded, etc. Only one time was a body search done, rest of the times only bike and trailer. Nothing you can do about it. Also had a couple of riding buddies refused admittance because they were convicted of DUI offenses in USA. Everyone was asked about arrests and convictions and they were truthful. DUI was their only one but that's a felony in Canada. Only way they would let them in was if they posted some $$$ up front which was considerable and I think, non-refundable. They turned around and left. Caught up with us 3-4 days later at our exit point. Don't be carrying no pistols either if you want to ever see them again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
fair dinkum? ..don't get me started..

..trust me works the same for us canadians crossing into the US..sometimes they just wave you thru...but on occasion we have been held for a lengthy background checks..no strip search or unpacking of the saddle bags yet.

but we all know that the borders between canada and U.S. in the last few years have become more militant in their duties..AND I DON'T BLAME THEM...one bit...i would expect them to be more strict...to protect us..there are many people that we don't want getting into N America that are a threat to our lives..

All of the gunga dins and other queue jumpers that land on our cdn shores only have to say one word "refugee"...then all the resources of the CDN gov't immigration dept kick in...medical/dental/accomodation/english lessons/money...

to make you Americans even more disgusted...canada especially toronto is just limbo for these M'Fr's.. as soon as they can, they will sneak into the US via the very lucrative smugglers network..(unforetunately they don't have to sneak back into canada when they decide they can't cut in the states..we just take em back and whole procedure starts all over again...

We are an easy touch for the flotsam of the world, all they need is plane fare and to flush their passports..they have all practiced some bullsh*t story to con our immigration dept that they will be persecuted in their own country. These sum-bitches are mostly economic migrants..They can land here bring the stinking 90 yr old granny a week later (she can finally get a set of teeth and a heart by-pass if she needs it just for the asking)..they must just laugh at us tax payers...

Of course there are many legit refugees that we must help..problem is they are not slick enough to get their butts on a plane or a ship to get here...currently other than china we are taking the slime from the areas of major concern that i need not name.....I mean i can walk out of my work place and see some mullah dressed like he stepped out of tent in the desert and his old lady covered from head to toe..with only her eyes with peeping thru..

If most Americans new the extent of our stupidity i wouldn't blame them for locking down the borders.. we have taken in somalian warlords/cambodian war criminals/serb torturers/ and just yesterday a family of bin laden supporters (they had canadian passports from being here previousley but went back to gunga land afganistan) ..the old man got killed in a gun battle ..the son was wounded ..they slid into pakistan but the health care wasn't free so they conned us to let them in again...these people have openly stated that the US got what they deserved on 9-11..and the mother said that she would be happy if all her kids died blowing themselves up..AND WE LET THEM lowlife scum bags BACK IN...we are the worlds BIGGEST SUCKERS up here..f*ck the liberal gov't ..

i'm done....i need a pill or a long ride...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
You got it right sonoffatboy. Wait until they start crossing on the ferry. Whats the name of it again oh yea.the SS Minnow-Just crashed into dock in NYC port. Wont even make the opening day run do to repairs. Does your bike carry insurance in case of drowning? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
Looks like we have two topics running. I don't know anything about the boarder crossing, so I'll talk about the dress code. Hiring an attorney in this situation will do nothing except cost you money. There has been no violation of law. The employer can change the dress code at will and if you don't like it, too bad. The only way you can win in court is to prove that it was done to have an adverse impact on a protected class (race, gender, national origin, etc.). I'm not sure, but I believe Georgia is an at-will state, meaning they can fire you for good reason, bad reason or no reason.

Pick your battles, this ain't a good one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
purple-eagle a smuggler?

purple eagle said:
You got it right sonoffatboy. Wait until they start crossing on the ferry. Whats the name of it again oh yea.the SS Minnow-Just crashed into dock in NYC port. Wont even make the opening day run do to repairs. Does your bike carry insurance in case of drowning? :confused:
Hey now, Rochester Brother....i too recently read that the new ferry whacked into a dock in NYC...great start up eh?

And since i now have you as a contact in Rochester we might as well start our own smuggling operation, just like the old days with the rum runners! this time we'll bring in US liquor/tobacco

Canadians pay roughly twice the price for booze and smokes. Hey if smuggling is lucrative enough for our 1st nations people why not you and me! :p
SOFB
 

·
Just Like to Ride
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
vadiver said:
I'm not sure, but I believe Georgia is an at-will state, meaning they can fire you for good reason, bad reason or no reason.
You are correct, sir. They don't have to give a reason to let you go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Hey Darby,
Boy I hate it when that **** happens. A newby wants to make his presence known. Was this guy hired from the outside or did he move up thru the ranks? I was at my prior job for 10 years working with all the AH presidents that the offsite owners thought were geniouses. The last president they hired was a real gem. As my mother use to say, he didn't know sh** from shineola. Really took them over the hurtles. Plus they were paying him a quarter mill a year plus expenses! Long story short, the company finally went Ch. 7. Toward the end, the owners had the Chairman of the Board supervise the running of the place. Another genious. His favorite saying, "I'm from Mars and know nothing of the running of this business, explain it to me." He would eat his home brought lunch, which was a concocksion of some kind of fish, lettuce and all other sorts of sh** at our weekly management meetings. Munch, munch - he sounded like an animal. Plus the fish stunk - I've smelt better smelling fish on a fishing boat chumming for bluefish.

To me, sounds like a good time to look for a new job. Life is too short to deal with sh** on a daily basis.

darby308 said:
I been with a company for 15 years and now have a new boss. He put me on a 30 day notice to cut my hair shave my face and quit wearing a do-rag or they will let me go. He said that this is not the image for a supervisor. Anyone need a good worker?
 

·
The Viking
Joined
·
89 Posts
You lot as well !!!

sonoffatboy said:
..trust me works the same for us canadians crossing into the US..sometimes they just wave you thru...but on occasion we have been held for a lengthy background checks..no strip search or unpacking of the saddle bags yet.

but we all know that the borders between canada and U.S. in the last few years have become more militant in their duties..AND I DON'T BLAME THEM...one bit...i would expect them to be more strict...to protect us..there are many people that we don't want getting into N America that are a threat to our lives..

All of the gunga dins and other queue jumpers that land on our cdn shores only have to say one word "refugee"...then all the resources of the CDN gov't immigration dept kick in...medical/dental/accomodation/english lessons/money...

to make you Americans even more disgusted...canada especially toronto is just limbo for these M'Fr's.. as soon as they can, they will sneak into the US via the very lucrative smugglers network..(unforetunately they don't have to sneak back into canada when they decide they can't cut in the states..we just take em back and whole procedure starts all over again...

We are an easy touch for the flotsam of the world, all they need is plane fare and to flush their passports..they have all practiced some bullsh*t story to con our immigration dept that they will be persecuted in their own country. These sum-bitches are mostly economic migrants..They can land here bring the stinking 90 yr old granny a week later (she can finally get a set of teeth and a heart by-pass if she needs it just for the asking)..they must just laugh at us tax payers...

Of course there are many legit refugees that we must help..problem is they are not slick enough to get their butts on a plane or a ship to get here...currently other than china we are taking the slime from the areas of major concern that i need not name.....I mean i can walk out of my work place and see some mullah dressed like he stepped out of tent in the desert and his old lady covered from head to toe..with only her eyes with peeping thru..

If most Americans new the extent of our stupidity i wouldn't blame them for locking down the borders.. we have taken in somalian warlords/cambodian war criminals/serb torturers/ and just yesterday a family of bin laden supporters (they had canadian passports from being here previousley but went back to gunga land afganistan) ..the old man got killed in a gun battle ..the son was wounded ..they slid into pakistan but the health care wasn't free so they conned us to let them in again...these people have openly stated that the US got what they deserved on 9-11..and the mother said that she would be happy if all her kids died blowing themselves up..AND WE LET THEM lowlife scum bags BACK IN...we are the worlds BIGGEST SUCKERS up here..f*ck the liberal gov't ..

i'm done....i need a pill or a long ride...


Thought us Brits were the only idiots in this world. At least we've got company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
Mickyo said:
Thought us Brits were the only idiots in this world. At least we've got company.
mick...you're right..our constitution and gov't is a clone of yours...actually for all my bitching i understand the situation in England is much worse than ours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,154 Posts
Mickyo said:
Thought us Brits were the only idiots in this world. At least we've got company.
You really thought that? Wow, you must not have been watching the news for the past year and a half? :D
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top