V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a list of HD Dealers that sell parts and accessories at a discount. I think the last time I ordered parts was from Jenny at Hales. I thought I read where she left there and went elsewhere. Does anyone know where she is and if they have discounts? I thought the last time I ordered they were at 20% off.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,920 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
103 Posts
dealer

I have used Hales in the past when Jenny was there. I just used Zanotti, although they didn't have anything in stock for what I ordered, but that just takes some planning. It added about 6 days for them to get the items in.
Zanotti is also the cheapest I have used for dealer parts and their online parts lookup worked well for me.

greg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
206 Posts
I use Adventure Harley Davidson in Ohio, mainly because they ship overseas. They offer 10-15% percent off all parts one weekend a month. The bigger discount kicks in once your order reaches $500. They also have good customer service. www.hmhd.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
IMO,you just can't beat Zanotti's. Great prices and fair shipping charges. I can buy from them and have it on my doorstep in 2-3 days. Local dealer is 7 day minimum on orders. I'd recommend Zanotti's to anyone!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
169 Posts
Have used both...

I've used Hales for a few years but recently have bought from Zannotti's. Zannotti's is usually the cheapest but I've found somethings are cheaper at Hales with their straight 20% discount. Both are great dealers, just depends who you want to use...
Bud
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
I would have to vote for Hale's. Great friendly service. 20% off on MoCo parts. Same 20% discount on Kuryakyn accessories. Also I just ordered a Mustang solo seat and fender bid and received 20% off retail. Give them a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
gfyoung3 said:
I'm looking for a list of HD Dealers that sell parts and accessories at a discount. I think the last time I ordered parts was from Jenny at Hales. I thought I read where she left there and went elsewhere. Does anyone know where she is and if they have discounts? I thought the last time I ordered they were at 20% off.

Thanks
Jenny is now at Benjy's HD in Huntington WVA. 304-523-1340. Yes, they do -20% on everything and have outstanding delivery if in stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
i posted this on another forum:
Zanotti's has great service. i purchased 600.00 worth of hd parts from them with 20% off, i saved 120.00 with no sales tax. shipping was only 25.00 which was about half the sales tax cost would of been local. i just bought a new ultra from a local dealer in kc and I gave them a chance to match the online price in which the declined. but they did offer me a frequent customer card which i could buy things at regular price and earn 10% off at a future date for being a loyal customer. STEALERS WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE ITS BURNING!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,379 Posts
simjue said:
Jenny is now at Benjy's HD in Huntington WVA. 304-523-1340
is she kinda strange/mellow? or just tired of us gearheads calling and worrying her to death?

talked to her twice, told her she was "famous" on the forum for taking care of folks, she kinda seemed weird'ed out that we all mention she is the hookup for good deals.

she was cool with it, i guess, just not excited about it.
dont matter to me, got my HD Race fueler at 20% off.

FWIW, we'll see what kind of taste Jenny has, told her my wife was from WV, and told Jenny to pick her out a shirt...%[email protected]

on a side note,
I want an aftermarket exhaust, say a Thunderheader, or a V&H Pro Pipe (a 2-1 for my RK)

but I want it at a discount, but not off E-bay.
will www.denniskirk.com or J&P cycles match the E-bay prices?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
103 Posts
pipes

I just bought a V&H pro pipe for my softail and paid $397 at Direct Parts, one of this sites' sponsers. It was the cheapest I found, with free shipping over I think $250. Some are cheaper, but end up costing more with shipping tagged on. I call them and usually take with Sam. Sam knows what he is talking about also. I purchased my first set of V&H Big Shots from them.

greg
 

·
Total Nutcase
Joined
·
2,691 Posts
I've used Zanotti's, Chicago HD and Hale's.

Zanotti's is great.
Chicago HD can be hit and miss on shipping - still waiting on an order from October... :wacko:
Hale's HD.. I ordered a sert at 1:40pm on Monday and it was at my door 11:30am on Tuesday.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,379 Posts
Roadster_G said:
V&H pro pipe for $397 at Direct Parts, one of this sites' sponsers.
ba da bing!

that's what i was looking for, to get a deal, support the site,
and get a recommendation that a vendor was decent and will not drop the ball on me.

got all my spare parts on e-bay, see how $$ they do, and order my Pro Pipe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
382 Posts
Yet another two thumbs up for Zanottis. Alot is not in stock, but I'm usually not in that big of hurry. They take care of you and are easy to order from. Most times it's more than 20%.
I ordered the wife a jacket that is retail of $110 and Zanotti price was $69
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
944 Posts
Rob_OBX said:
Yet another two thumbs up for Zanottis. Alot is not in stock, but I'm usually not in that big of hurry. They take care of you and are easy to order from. Most times it's more than 20%.
I ordered the wife a jacket that is retail of $110 and Zanotti price was $69
After getting the $11 off ( dealer discount) and paying the $20 for shipping, is the $9 savings worth the hassle?????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
382 Posts
I don't know where you went to school, but you might need to go for a basic math refresher course.

$110 + 5% tax= $115.50
- 69
------
$46.50
- shipping( They charged actual shipping, not inflated ebay type shipping) and I ordered a few hundred worth of other stuff, I think total shipping on that order may have been $16. Order the Jacket by itself and it may have been $5-8 dollars.
Not to mention the nearest dealership to me is about 45 minutes and about 40 miles so I saved about 2 hours and an additional $6 or so in fuel. Plus if I had taken the wife into the shop, who knows how much more she would have found that she would have had to have at full retail???
So yeah, to me it is worth it to save over $40, not have to drive a minimum of an hour and a half, and have the wife blow, maybe $100-200 on other shirts, hats, or whatever a salesperson can talk her into, it's not hard, she is a salespersons dream.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
944 Posts
Rob_OBX said:
I don't know where you went to school, but you might need to go for a basic math refresher course.

$110 + 5% tax= $115.50
- 69
------
$46.50
- shipping( They charged actual shipping, not inflated ebay type shipping) and I ordered a few hundred worth of other stuff, I think total shipping on that order may have been $16. Order the Jacket by itself and it may have been $5-8 dollars.
Not to mention the nearest dealership to me is about 45 minutes and about 40 miles so I saved about 2 hours and an additional $6 or so in fuel. Plus if I had taken the wife into the shop, who knows how much more she would have found that she would have had to have at full retail???
So yeah, to me it is worth it to save over $40, not have to drive a minimum of an hour and a half, and have the wife blow, maybe $100-200 on other shirts, hats, or whatever a salesperson can talk her into, it's not hard, she is a salespersons dream.
I see what you mean..

Locally NO sales tax and my dealer is 10 minutes from me. 10% discount and walk away with it. No worry about it dissapearing or getting "lost in the mail" . Never see much shipped for under $15, more like $20...

So "my" math goes like this

$110 less 10% = $99
Less $20 bucks for shipping = $79
Company car so FREE gas and FREE coffee and shoot the breeze with some good guys at my local dealer..
NO wife, so a major savings of about $1,000,000,000......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
382 Posts
minivan said:
I see what you mean..

Locally NO sales tax and my dealer is 10 minutes from me. 10% discount and walk away with it. No worry about it dissapearing or getting "lost in the mail" . Never see much shipped for under $15, more like $20...

So "my" math goes like this

$110 less 10% = $99
Less $20 bucks for shipping = $79
Company car so FREE gas and FREE coffee and shoot the breeze with some good guys at my local dealer..
NO wife, so a major savings of about $1,000,000,000......
i would love to have no sales tax, or state income tax for that matter.
Local dealers, I haven't seen any discounts, most of the local dealers kinda suck. Also they don't seem to be much of hangouts. I asked if there was a bike night or anything going on where people hang out and the lady just gazed at me like a deer in the headlights.
I have never gotten ripped on shipping from Zanottis, but it doesn' cost much to ship from N. Pittsburgh to RIchmond, VA.
Not to mention, I grew up about 30 minutes from Zanottis, and I know the local economy SUCKS, there is just nothing going on there. I know it isn't much, but it's something.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top