V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first day after the holidays the local stealer was back open with a sign crew taking down the BUELL sign. So i started watching the others. Sure enough, some of the others have done the same thing. Whats Up ? Is Harley and BUELL divorcing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know the dealer in town here has 10 blasts or so in stock and they aren't moving. The price has been marked down to 3500 since last November and I see others are marking theirs down to below 3000...and they still aren't moving. I just visited a site, believe it was www.myBuell.com which is not too happy with the blasts. Darn, and I was thinking of buying one for the wife to learn on, but now I don't know.

·
Registered
725 Posts
2DEUCE said:
The first day after the holidays the local stealer was back open with a sign crew taking down the BUELL sign. So i started watching the others. Sure enough, some of the others have done the same thing. Whats Up ? Is Harley and BUELL divorcing.
Well, if you read the Buell magazine Fuell (like Hogtales), one finds optimism for and commitment to the future of Buell. Latest issue mentions new models in the pipeline.

However, I don't think the Buell company is doing well. They were one of only two or three companies to have a volume decline last year... despite a market growth of about 8%. I'm not sure the new models are doing much for Buell... narrowly focused and small bikes.

I own a Cyclone M2 and couldn't be more pleased. I have other makes in the garage and know it is a great ride. I also used to have a Blast. It works well for what it is designed to do -- be an unintimidating ride. Was great for my son his first year of street riding.

I hope Buell hangs in there. They really have great and underappreciated bikes.

·
Registered
629 Posts
A lot of HD dealers are kicking Buell to the curb because they are tired of losing business installing chrome parts, jet kits and pipes because the shops are filled with non paying warranty work, and non paying recall work.

The XB's seem to be okay, but the dealers have a bad taste in thier mouth from the early bikes. I know I do.

For the record, my wife loves her Blast, and I find it to be a kick to ride myself. Real killer in the tight twisties (seriously). My wife put about 10,000 miles on hers last year, mostly in commuting to school.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts