V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob alert,
I doubt this is specific to Softails or my year but didn't know which forum to put this thread in.

On my '06 Night Train, if I leave the turn signal on for a little while it will automatically turn off. Same if I have it on and make a turn, it will automatically turn off. Half the time it turns off when I don't want it to. I hate that... If I want it off, I'll turn it off. Is there a way to disable that "feature"? I looked through the users manual but couldn't find anything about it. Thanks for any info in advance...

--Rob

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
i think someone once told me if you push both turn signal buttons at the same time that will cancel them. i'm not sure tho. i think it was for rice bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
bagga said:
i think someone once told me if you push both turn signal buttons at the same time that will cancel them. i'm not sure tho. i think it was for rice bikes.
That activates hazard flasher mode
at least it does on my RKC

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Not sure about the newer bikes, as the last one I did was a 2000 model. On the back of the speedo, there used to be a white/green stripe wire. Disconnect it.
This removes the auto canceller.

Probably wouldn't hurt anything to try it on yours assuming that wire is still there.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blinker dorks aint that bad... They keep you on your tows. :) Seriously though, I'm pretty good with the blinkers.

Hitting both turn signal buttons at the same time activates the hazard lights on my bike too.

I'll check the wiring diagram in the elecrical diagnostic manual and see whats in there. I was hoping it would be some strange, Nintendo/Contra style (left, right, left, right, a, b, b, a, select, start), key combo.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What Ed Y said. They use the speedo to measure distance. Pull the green/white wire from the back of the speedo. :yes: :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts