V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,087 Posts
Skip the Steet Glide, and Get the Road Glide. You will be much happier !!!
I had people telling me that before I got the Street Glide suggesting that because of the frame mounted fairing it doesn't get knocked around like the bat wing when passing trucks and such. I rode both extensively before settling on the Street Glide and didn't notice much difference other than the Road Glide 'feeling' bigger.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
went and got it today. i HAVE to do something with the handle bars though..they do not come back quite enough and not quite high enough so i have to slouch down to reach them and it hurts my back..

·
Registered
2008 Dyna Super Glide Custom, 2015 BMW K1600GTL
200 Posts
went and got it today. i HAVE to do something with the handle bars though..they do not come back quite enough and not quite high enough so i have to slouch down to reach them and it hurts my back..
I put the HD Reach bars on my 2009 Ultra Classic. Problem solved

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tell me about those..are they just longer stock style bars?
A bit more up and a bit more back. They give you a more comfortable reach, great for someone with about a 30"-32" inch reach. I did one long ride on my Ultra when I got it with the stock bars and I was getting pain in-between my shoulder blades and was generally uncomfortable. The Reach bars were a perfect fit for me

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
anyone know if there is any adjustment in the stock bars? Maybe that would get me by until winter then i can change the bars..

·
Registered
200 Posts
anyone know if there is any adjustment in the stock bars? Maybe that would get me by until winter then i can change the bars..
Just a very slight fore/aft movement

·
Premium Member
7,087 Posts
Not much in the stock bars for adjustment. I considered the reach bars but to me it looked like all they did was change the bends a little resulting in hand grips that are closer to you but twist the wrists more than stock. I am in search of bars that move back without altering the wrist position or even lessening it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not much in the stock bars for adjustment. I considered the reach bars but to me it looked like all they did was change the bends a little resulting in hand grips that are closer to you but twist the wrists more than stock. I am in search of bars that move back without altering the wrist position or even lessening it.
same here! Just a little higher and a little more back. There has to be some good ones out there to fit us.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The wrist position looks like it will be "wrong" but the way you grab the bars it's not. Hard to explain, but you essentially, naturally, grab the grips on bit of an angle in the grips. It was a big topic of conversation years ago, but most who have them, love them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The wrist position looks like it will be "wrong" but the way you grab the bars it's not. Hard to explain, but you essentially, naturally, grab the grips on bit of an angle in the grips. It was a big topic of conversation years ago, but most who have them, love them.

Do you know how much taller the bars are? also, do you know the part number for the correct bars for the 2015 street glide? Seems like ive seen several different reach bars online..?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not sure on the dimensions compared to stock, but this link might give you those details:

Part # is 55800589

·
Registered
327 Posts
Get a set of LA Choppers Twin Peaks 10" is just below the top of the fairing, 12" is just above the top of the fairing. They have less wrist angle (pull back) than the factory bars. The factory bars would be between 8" or 9" tall. (closer to 8"). I'm 6' 2" and got the 12" even though it was recommended that I get the 14". The 12" were great for me even though they were above the top of the fairing. While in motion, aerodynamics shot the air over my hands, no issue with freezing fingers. Large bug, rocks, and rain were a different story.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Get a set of LA Choppers Twin Peaks 10" is just below the top of the fairing, 12" is just above the top of the fairing. They have less wrist angle (pull back) than the factory bars. The factory bars would be between 8" or 9" tall. (closer to 8"). I'm 6' 2" and got the 12" even though it was recommended that I get the 14". The 12" were great for me even though they were above the top of the fairing. While in motion, aerodynamics shot the air over my hands, no issue with freezing fingers. Large bug, rocks, and rain were a different story.
Well, those look like they would be just right on the height, but i need them to come back to me more than stock also because with the stock bars, im leaning forward and down to grab the bars causing me to have to cock my head up. I need them not only a little higher but also a little more back to me so i can sit up straighter

·
Registered
327 Posts
If your arms are at near shoulder height, you will sit up straight. Try it just sitting on your bike, and hold your arms straight out in front of you, you'll sit up straight,

·
Premium Member
7,087 Posts
Something else you could try is get some stiff wire (like some underground Romex or similar). Bend it to something like you would want in bars taking into account you can't put it in the clamps. Head to a couple of dealers and see what you can find that matches or comes close. Get the dimensions on what matches and see who makes what you came up with.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
If your arms are at near shoulder height, you will sit up straight. Try it just sitting on your bike, and hold your arms straight out in front of you, you'll sit up straight,
True, but i still want them to also come back to me a little more so i dont have to lean forward at all.

·
Registered
327 Posts
This is what my 383 was in, tunnel ram, pair of Ron's 4-Shooters on alcohol, fun ride!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts