V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need a tach, but don't want to add a tach only gauge to my handlebars. Anyone have experience or comments on the digital speedo/tach combo now offered by Zippers? http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=588&prod=2098 I've read a few positive comments about Dakota Digital's unit. I was originally thinking of the HD speedo/tach, but these digitals have several additional functions for basically the same money. And, to be honest I like the different look of the digital stuff.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Kuryakyn has a nice combo either coming soon or it might all ready be out. It's got a lot of features and even tells dumb a$$es like me what gear you're in.....:banana:

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Heres what I have been able to gather as I also want to add a tach setup.

Zipper is supposed to be a direct plug in on the newer models and yes it has alof of bells and whistles. Retails in the $489.00 range. Probably can be had cheaper.
(MY choice for the techno look. Black face)

Kuryakyn - not sure of the connections but again alot of bells and whistles also. $399 retail. Again probably available cheaper.
(To chromie for me)

Dakota Digital has a new direct plug in also. Has Odometer / tach / trip and a couple other features. But fas less than the others. $465.00 retail.

Of the three I like the zipper for full features but the Dakota Digital is the far better looking guage.

I was in a store today and was told the Dakota is brand new and not available until March 1. Now a couple years ago I was after a Dakota 6000 which was new at the time and waited monmths after the release date.

It was worth the wait and the route I will probably go again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts