V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saved these images from an EBay listing and thought they looked interesting.
I've actually considered this fork conversion myself. Now you can see how it'd look. I hope the images aren't too large(800X600).

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,852 Posts
I've been interested in this too. Like the look but don't know what mods would be needed. Or how handling, balance, safety, etc. would be affected. If anyone has knowledge of this, now's your chance to shine.

Joe

·
Registered
529 Posts
There is a guy at work that has an FXR with a wide front tire on his. Looks really nice too. I think he is running a fatboy front fender.

·
Premium FNG :)
81 Posts
I've put a 21x3 spoked wheel on my front end with an added 6 degrees of rake. Since the project is on hold until I can get more money, I haven't spent the time to figure out what my new trail is. I used to have a website that wuld help you figure out what your trail is, but since my hard drive crashed, I've lost it. I think the wheel & tire forum would be the best place to get some hard answers. I would think the handling would be a tad slower due to the larger mass of the FL front end, but don't quote me on that.

Either way, it's still a nice looking bike, and that's the most import thing, right?

:brows:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ka-Ka said:
I saved these images from an EBay listing and thought they looked interesting.
I've actually considered this fork conversion myself. Now you can see how it'd look. I hope the images aren't too large(800X600).

The auction pics are down. Can you embed the images in the text? I can't pull them up. I really would like to see the bike.
Tim

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cs1 said:
The auction pics are down. Can you embed the images in the text? I can't pull them up. I really would like to see the bike.
Tim
I never linked to the auction. The 3 pictures were uploaded from my computer and placed in the text of my first post. I don't know why you're not seeing them, since I can see them all in your above post.

Anyways, I found another FXR with an FL-type front-end yesterday.

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
also in snaps, at the back of HOTBIKE jan 2006 issue is an fxr with the fat front end. i think it looks good. way meaner lookin. but the ride and handling may come in question. but one would think......wider is better:huh:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ka-Ka said:
I never linked to the auction. The 3 pictures were uploaded from my computer and placed in the text of my first post. I don't know why you're not seeing them, since I can see them all in your above post.

You have to pay the $15 membership fee to see anything around here. The only way around it is to have the pics saved anywhere but this server.

TIm

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Ka-Ka said:

I could be wrong but if i'm not mistaken, that's a reworked FLHT, not an FXR. It looks to have the oil tank setup of a 92 and earlier FLHT. Seems to have a LOT of different parts on it, from the fatboy style (FL) front end and nacelle to forward controls. Another thing it has is dual disc front. Bike looks cool. I wonder (if it is indeed a FLHT frame) if the raked look to the front end is a result of getting rid of the FLHT type triple trees and using the fat boy/heritage trees???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts