V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of y'all know whether there are any differences between the FXRP/early FXRT mounting brackets and the later FXRT fairings' mounting brackets?

Does the later fairing use 4 brackets like the early/FXRP fairing does?

Thanks guys.

joe

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
There are several differences in mounting brackets. There are basically 3 mounts on the FXRT fairings. The first is the main mount that attach's to the frame neck. This I believe is the same on all FXRT/P/D.

The next mount attach's to the bottom front of the fairing and to the top of the front frame down tubes. I have seen 3 different versions of this mount. I am not sure what the fitment is from version to version. I will guess the difference is between early and late FXRT/D fairings and FXRP vs. FXRT fairings.

The last mount is the side support brackets (pair). I have seen 2 versions of this mount. Basically the same but different bends. I will guess it is the difference between early and late FXRT style fairings.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are several differences in mounting brackets. There are basically 3 mounts on the FXRT fairings. The first is the main mount that attach's to the frame neck. This I believe is the same on all FXRT/P/D.

The next mount attach's to the bottom front of the fairing and to the top of the front frame down tubes. I have seen 3 different versions of this mount. I am not sure what the fitment is from version to version. I will guess the difference is between early and late FXRT/D fairings and FXRP vs. FXRT fairings.

The last mount is the side support brackets (pair). I have seen 2 versions of this mount. Basically the same but different bends. I will guess it is the difference between early and late FXRT style fairings.
Thanks Springer. About what I thought, except I figured the main mount was different too.

I'd like to assemble a spare set, but it sounds like a crapshoot.

joe

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a spare single side support bracket if you need it. It seems to fit the early FXRT/RP fairing. Can check if its right or left.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a spare single side support bracket if you need it. It seems to fit the early FXRT/RP fairing. Can check if its right or left.
I'm interested, but if it will give Springer a good set, give him first dibs.

joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts