V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone really know the difference between the seats for the FXD's and the FXDWG's? Specifically the years 1996 - 2003. I see some Corbin seats for sale that I would like to buy, but they specify Wide Glide. I've heard that the rear mounting tab is longer on one than the other, but never to any degree of certainty. I figured with the vast storehouse of knowledge here, that someone would know.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't know, but i'm guessing it has to do with the bobtail fender vs the other standard type?

·
Registered
144 Posts
baroth1 said:
Does anyone really know the difference between the seats for the FXD's and the FXDWG's? Specifically the years 1996 - 2003. I see some Corbin seats for sale that I would like to buy, but they specify Wide Glide. I've heard that the rear mounting tab is longer on one than the other, but never to any degree of certainty. I figured with the vast storehouse of knowledge here, that someone would know.
You are correct, the Wide Glide is longer and some manufactures take up the difference by using a longer mounting tab in the back. I don't know how Corbin does theirs.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Since I responded to the duplicate post in the Seats and Saddles forum, I'll copy it here as well.
The two up 96-03 Wide Glide seat is longer, or at least the rear fender mounting hole is further back. Some of the aftermarket seat manufacturers, like Mustang, supply the same two up seat for all Dynas with two sets of holes is the seat pan to attach the rear fender mounting tab to. Others, like Corbin actually have two different seats.
Solo seats are the same for all 96-03 Dynas.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for replying to both posts. I wasn't sure which section would get the most responses. I knew someone would have checked this out before, I can't be the only one that wondered. Since Corbin offers 2 different seats, I'm going to have to assume that it isn't just a difference in the mounting tab on their seats. That's too bad for me, I've been hoping to find a corbin gambler on ebay, but the only ones that show up (in my cheap price range) are for the wide glide. Someday, I'll find someone with a wg and a corbin seat, then we can do a hands on check.

Thanks to all!

murphdog said:
Since I responded to the duplicate post in the Seats and Saddles forum, I'll copy it here as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts