V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the differences are between the 99-under and '00-up sliders/legs for an FXST?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Caliper mounts mainly. Kinda sux, as I'd like to have dual fronts on my 21x3 wire (HEAVY) rim, but there's no way I'd go to pre-2000 brakes.
Who knows, maybe I'll chase down the SE Deuce stuff.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the bolt pattern/spacing on the caliper mounts is different? hmmmm, I was looking at a pair of polished legs on ebay, seller claimed they fit 86-present. Glad I didn't jump......

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do a search for polished legs, or paint stripper. I remember someone here posting that they polished the legs lickity-split using some stripper and elbow grease.
As handy as you are, I'm sure you'll have no problems with it.
PS- I bought a set of lowers off ebay for a "late model", guess what- not "late" enough. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can do the polishing myself, I've done my rear wheel, rotor, pulley and caliper already. But hell, if I can find a decent priced pair already done......

I was actullay looking to buy a set cheap to polish, less down time, swap them and polish the second set and sell 'em. Break even or make a few bucks.......

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta love eBay :D, picked up a pair of take-offs from an '02 for $15 shipped....

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SteveDD said:
Brakes were changes in '00...and if I'm not mistaken, axle size is different.
Yeah, after a little more research I found that there is 3/4" difference in the bolt pattern. Anything below '00 wouldn't work, Axle is the same though 3/4". '07 they went to a 1" axle for the softails...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts