V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm a new Harley owner, lovin' it.

Have an 01 FLHRI and was wondering what the changes were to the 02+ TC88's and ECM.

One thing I noticed was the oil line behind the rear cylinder. 01's run perpendicular to the bike while 02+ runs parallel. Why the change?

ECM - MM vs. Delphi, how can I tell which one do I have? :hmmm:

Thanks All!

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
There are many differences in all the years mentioned. 99 had a different cam plate. 01 could have either MM or Delphi .. the 01 touring will probably have MM and the 01 and up softails had the delphi. The 02 is more like the 01 and the real change came in 03 when they changed the case bearing. 02 and up all had Delphi EFI and the EFI come out on the dyna in 04.

Help or confuse ? You tell me LOL

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
juscruzn said:
Hi all. I'm a new Harley owner, lovin' it.

Have an 01 FLHRI and was wondering what the changes were to the 02+ TC88's and ECM.

One thing I noticed was the oil line behind the rear cylinder. 01's run perpendicular to the bike while 02+ runs parallel. Why the change?

ECM - MM vs. Delphi, how can I tell which one do I have? :hmmm:

Thanks All!
Take the air cleaner off. If you have 2 butterflies it's a MM. 1 butterfly its Delphi. I think that your bike will have the MM. I have an 01 RK with the MM and it runs great!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. Looks like I have an MM, 2 butterflies. Guess all there is to do now is, ride....

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
No one mentioned the 88A VS 88B with the balancer

·
Registered
24 Posts
idle screw

Can the idle be adjusted on the mm ??? Sorry to change direction here (FNG) I bought a 99 RKC last fall and the seller gave me a manual for a carbed bike. I Know :RTFB: Bike gets warm starts idleing high. Any help would be great. Thanks, Dennis

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
dennismenace said:
Can the idle be adjusted on the mm ??? Sorry to change direction here (FNG) I bought a 99 RKC last fall and the seller gave me a manual for a carbed bike. I Know :RTFB: Bike gets warm starts idleing high. Any help would be great. Thanks, Dennis
Yes, there is a cold and warm idle adjustment procedure for your RK.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
dennismenace said:
The adjustment procedure is shown in the Harley service manual.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Methinks the hot idle is adjustable by owner, but to get the cold idle set u need a scanalyzer tool (or some sort of substitute so take it to the shop) If your hot idle is between 950 and 1100 rpms its fine. If you indeed have a shop manual it shows the procedure. The OWNERS MANUAL does not. If u need the instructions lemme know.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good Bike

The 01 has the 3.37 overall gearing which is a bonus,
and you have the Timken crank bearing set up,
what ever you do dont trade it in on a 03 or onwards, you will be stepping backwards!

·
Registered
944 Posts
DanNZ said:
The 01 has the 3.37 overall gearing which is a bonus,
and you have the Timken crank bearing set up,
what ever you do dont trade it in on a 03 or onwards, you will be stepping backwards!
So the newer case bearing is a poorer design??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts