V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you pull the dipstick to check the oil on a bagger after it ran for awhile, there is a vaccum in the oil tank. it makes a sucking sound.
Sybil (95flhtc) has same style oil tank but doesn't do this.
Any ideas????????

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sidekick, i didn't entirely understand the question. Isn't a 95 flhtc a bagger?

Either way, i don't remember noticing this on my 02 King.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Sidekick:

Don't remember what year your bagger is? Is the vent hose the "L" shaped hose to the fitting on top of transmission or does it run into the oil dipstick housing?? I've never really noticed it on my 99 but the sucker is so hard to get out that I may be missing the sound.

I do understand the newer vent setup to the dipstick housing works better in regards to oil misting thru the breathers.

·
Banned
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clarification: I own two baggers, a 95 and an 01.

the new one sometimes makes this suction sound when I pull the dipstick, as though there is a vacuum created in the oiltank.

ED, the dipstick is hard as hell to get out on mine too. pulled the metal cap off rubber base one time.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
SIDEKICK said:
pulled the metal cap off rubber base one time.
Don't they all do that?

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Sometimes when I pull my dipstick out it makes a sucking sound similar to a cow pulling it's foot out of the mud. :p :D :p :D

SS

·
Banned
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
harleyhog said:

Don't they all do that?
on my evo bagger, that dipstick slides in and out as easily as a hard" you know what" in a wet "you know what".

removing that tc 88 dipstick is like pulling a tooth.

so the answer must be NO, they all dont do that.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I was going to say "mines not hard to pull", but decided not to. That plus the sucking sound comments made me realize i had misinterpreted the post (lol).

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Sure this shouldn' be in EAYOR? LOL :D

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
With my new bike and only 310 miles, it is still "harder than hell" opps, I ment the dip stick :p When I pull up on it, it takes me 30 seconds to "pull it out" :eek: ;)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Dats not REALLY me you k'no.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a 2000 Road King with 17K and the dipstick has always been hard to pull out. I try and twist mine while pulling out. Watch out for the heatshield as its a hot mf.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
My bagger has 4900 miles on the clock and the dipstick has been a little difficult to remove since day one. Actually thought this was the design to prevent a possible problem, like it jumping out.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Hard time removing mine as well. 2000 Road King. Pulled the cap off the rubber one time. Cleaned the rubber and inside of the cap with alcohol maybe won't be as hard next time. I try to twist as I pull.

·
ijustwannaridemy03rkc
313 Posts
supersport said:
Sometimes when I pull my dipstick out it makes a sucking sound similar to a cow pulling it's foot out of the mud. :p :D :p :D

SS
That's funny, because sometimes when a cow's hoof is pulled out of the mud, it makes a sucking sound similar to a dipstick being removed.
Hmmmmmm???:confused: :D :confused: :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.