V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This quote from the home page of the official HD site:

"The bottom line is that Harley-Davidson plans to meet the requirements of the proposed EPA standards and still make the motorcycles true to the look, sound and feel that you know and love. So you can sleep well, knowing that we will continue doing our fair share to protect our environment, and that the air-cooled V-Twin will continue to be the core of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle lineup for many years to come."

Although tip-toeing through the statement, sounds to me like ya'll better get used to fuel injection. Well at least the world will be safe from the enviornmental degradation caused by motorcycles. Thanks EPA, I was afraid you weren't really paying attention to who the real air polluters are in this country.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
H/D cannot comply with EPA requirements with carb bikes. No big secret that EFI is the future. The real question is: will TC-88 bikes, as a class survive? Can Harley make the TC-88 comply with the pending future EPA requirements?

·
Registered
380 Posts
my question is how can you maintain engine temp using air? do we get water cooled tc 88? fuel injection H-D uses is not that sufisticated. to my knowledge they do not use an 02 sensor. so i bet we will see bikes with 2 02 sensors and mas air flow sensors. lots of electronics stuff out there, hey cars will have 42 volt systems in the next few years, so just wait!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.