V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've kind of whet down the diamond plate theme road with my RK. Next item would be grips, but I was actually wondering how confortable they are? Anybody out there have these, any complaints? For some reason I could just see red indents all over my hands after a nice long ride :) Or worse, find out they are really uncomfortable.

Thanks for the input as always.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I've had a set of these grips on my bike for the past two years and still like them. No little red marks or any other problems, and I think they are comfortable. I also have the matching pegs. Another member here posted a while back that the rubber nubs on the diamond plate pegs wear out quick, but mine look fine.

·
doof member
719 Posts
I have them as well. Grips, brake pedal, floor boards, shifter pegs ,highway pegs. Love em! Especially the grips. I get a better grip on them and they are very comfortable. Rode for about 5 hours last week and no problems. I recommend them.

Good luck!
:thumbsup:

·
Noch ein Bier, bitte!
113 Posts
I have them too and love them. The grips are actually very comfortable. You can move your hands just a little and get a totally different grip in several positions. Comes in handy on those 500 mile days!

I also have the pegs and shifter and brake pedal and they are holding up fine. 6000 miles or so on them and they haven't worn down at all.

Like all Harley grips though, the chrome is going to loose some shine after a while, especially if you sweat on them much. I have a couple of dull spots on mine already, but it's not a big deal. All other chrome harley grips I've used did the same thing. I think they're just chrome-covered plastic. :whatever:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
TheBeerGuy said:
I I also have the pegs and shifter and brake pedal and they are holding up fine. 6000 miles or so on them and they haven't worn down at all.

:
So they lasted you a couple months? :hystria: Custom grips wear. I just bought another set, not the diamond. Looked around for something differant, didn't want same thing. Couldn't find anything I liked, so bought the same thing. Got for $60 on the street at Sturgis. So if you like go for it. Unless you find out they wear to quick. I

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I don't ride barehanded to much. Used to all the time, now I jsut like gloves. Though I do sun my hands once in awhile or I like to weird(more weird.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
I like your Avatar river rat. You are right, boats can sure soak up the money

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I like the industrial look. Haven't had any probs with the rubber diamonds but I'm beginning to notice a little copper on the throttle grip. It does get twisted hard though.

·
Noch ein Bier, bitte!
113 Posts
Yeah, that's what my dull spots look like on the grips, kind of copper colored showing through. Nothing too bad. They were fine before I rode 950 miles to Sturgis this summer sweating my ass off in 95 degree heat. :duh?:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts