V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what p/n 32915-05 is? My dealer hasn't been able to identify this item and now my bike won't start. The DTC codes are P2061-4 injectors, P1352 & P1355 spark coils, P1001 & 2 system relay, P1634 & 35 tach. This doesn't seem to be a hardware part but maybe it refers to software.

Bike is at the dealer for the third time and I have contacted HD Customer Service who couldn't identify this number by trying a computer lookup.

Service Manager is trying to blame TFI DFO that was installed in July but was removed last month.

05 FLTRI with SEII intake, exhaust and flash.

·
Banned
48 Posts
JMAC45 said:
Anyone know what p/n 32915-05 is? My dealer hasn't been able to identify this item and now my bike won't start. The DTC codes are P2061-4 injectors, P1352 & P1355 spark coils, P1001 & 2 system relay, P1634 & 35 tach. This doesn't seem to be a hardware part but maybe it refers to software.

Bike is at the dealer for the third time and I have contacted HD Customer Service who couldn't identify this number by trying a computer lookup.

Service Manager is trying to blame TFI DFO that was installed in July but was removed last month.

05 FLTRI with SEII intake, exhaust and flash.
Where are you getting this part #

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
p/n 32915-05 decoded

I thought I had updated my post a few days ago but it doesn't seemed to have actually happened.

A call to the mother ship revealed p/n 32915-05 is the production code for my ECM. If the diagnostics have stored codes and one drills down through the codes but one doesn't elect to clear them the odometer display shows the production code for the relevant module. The current ECM production code is p/n 32915-05A.

The System Relay is part of the ECM watchdog function. Power from the Run switch is applied to the System Relay coil and to the injectors and spark coils via the System Relay contacts when it picks up if all is well with the ECM internal watchdog. The Run switch also applies a signal to the ECM to indicate run mode. The loss of this signal prevents codes on a normal shutdown when the Run switch is turned off removing power from the System Relay, injectors and spark coils.

On instructions from the mother ship my dealer has installed a new ECM and I picked up my baby today. Assuming I don't have any more problems I'll update the results in a few days.

Of some interest my problems seemed to occur when the temp was less than about 55F.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts