V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still doing my researches in order to buy "something" for my 2001 H-D RKC FLHRCI EFI Magneti Marelli:

On an e-Bay web site REVTECH DFO and TECHLUSION STEALTH REVTECH TFI/DFO have identical ID numbers: 1040 ST EFI / 601203.

But when I check out (for example) J&P Catalog, obviously there are two different photos of two different items.

Where did I go wrong? Can you explain me the difference between these two items and why the both of them have the same ID numbers?

Thank you very much for your inputs.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Thank you very much, my friend. I tought so, but I was not sure. Even though I wish I could have the Kuyakyn "wild thing", I have just found the one with the RevTech DFO "sticker".......but with VERY affordable price. I hope I'll be able to get it. I hope that I can rely on your opinion that the both products have almost the same quality.

Also, it seems that the Kuryakyn "wild thing" (Techlusion TFi) require Adapter Harness for Magneti Marelli (that's my bike - 2001 H-D RKC EFI) - $US 50.00, since RevTech DFO DOES NOT !

P.S.
(maybe we shall get one or two replies more).

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
emirharley said:
Thank you very much, my friend. I tought so, but I was not sure. Even though I wish I could have the Kuyakyn "wild thing", I have just found the one with the RevTech DFO "sticker".......but with VERY affordable price. I hope I'll be able to get it. I hope that I can rely on your opinion that the both products have almost the same quality.

Also, it seems that the Kuryakyn "wild thing" (Techlusion TFi) require Adapter Harness for Magneti Marelli (that's my bike - 2001 H-D RKC EFI) - $US 50.00, since RevTech DFO DOES NOT !

P.S.
(maybe we shall get one or two replies more).
You can get DFO's basically 3 ways...

1.) The older style that you directly wire to your bike's injector wires with splice connectors. This is the cheapest.

2.) The older style and add the optional harness. This is likey the most expensive route.

3.) The newer style called a "Stealth" model. It has the wiring harness already in place. This is the simplest.

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one I am about to buy IS "Stealth" model.

Thank you very much for your kind explanation(s). I appreciate that very much.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
to bad you do not have the delphi like i have im looking to unload mine. i brought the sert. i dont know if you can use it on your bike and i do have the harness
'96 to '05 use the same model. It will fit his bike.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks SEDELUXE05 very much for taking care. xxxflhrci's information is correct. My friend from Sarajevo is in the USA at the time being (he'll be back to Bosnia by the end of February 2006). I have just asked him to bid for me on an e-Bay for one very affordable RevTech DFO. If he failed, and we shall know that within next 6 days, I shall contact you to send your "wild thing" to my friend's address in Florida (in exchange for money, of course).

Thanks to both of you, once more.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi SEDELUXE05, how you have been? This is to inform you that I have just bought RevTech DFO Stealth on e-Bay (actually, since I am in Sarajevo, Bosnia, my friend bought the thing for me, he is in the States at the time being). So we were stupid enough to pay US$ 151.00 to the private person (this DFO has never been used, the guy sold the bike), taking into account that the shop/dealer price is about US$ 159.00. But the price/bid started at about US$ 26 and in last 45 seconds it jumped up-up to the sky.

Whatsoever, that is the life, and this amount of money is not a special issue - I will not die because of couple of dollars more or less.

Thanks for your offer so much. Ride safe and keep in touch. Best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts