V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hippo - I posted a question a week or so ago on the Techlusion web site and haven't recieved a reply - perhaps you can reply here.

I am going to Big Bore my 02 Ultra this winter, with TW-37b cams and some head work. Already got the stage I in it.

Instead of getting a new reflash and messing with a PC III, I'm considering just dialing it in using the DFO. Question is, is this a reasonable assumption that it will work OK?

Thanks,

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hippo - you are a man of many words! LOL

Thanks

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Well, we have the pressure regulators for both the Delphi and the Marelli.

They work well, especially in conjunction with the DFO. The one for the Marelli is a piece of cake to install. The one for the Delphi in order to be adjustable from outside the tank requires drilling two holes into the top plate of the fuel module, they have to be precisely located and the metal is exceedingly hard. I don't think someone can do this at home as we ended up doing it on a mill, so for now we just use it on the bikes we build here.

The solution would be to have exchange fuel modules but we have not gotten around to it and UPS has a way to bang $hit up, they must have some NBA rejects loading the planes.

On the Delphi bikes you also have the option of using the EFI tuner from HD. Any of these options can be made to work well, the trick is to have something the ECM can't see. The ECM can't see the DFO and the EFI tuner leaves nothing on the bike.

·
Registered
250 Posts
EFI Tuner is the way to go for serious tuning. When your 1550 is in, load the calibration from the CD for 1550 Stage II. Then do a data collection run or dyno and tweek the MAP for your cam. You will be adjusting the VE on front and rear first. Since the Stage II assumes a SE203 cam you can compare cams first - duration, overlapp, etc..... and that will tell you what to expect but guarenteed you will be lowering the AF ratio in the load conditions as you won't like what the EPA has done to those standard calibrations even with SE203 cams.
Pipes also make a difference and Stage II assumes SE Performance One Piece or Slip Overs with the stock header cross over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts