V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to hook up an Autometer tach to my fuel injected 2002 Deuce. Anybody out there got a wiring diagragm of the four wires that go to the coil. Need to know where A,B,C,D terminal go. Thanks- Gordy

·
Registered
250 Posts
Get ready for fun. The Y/GN goes to the coil fuse. The GY/BE goes to the ECM ION sensor pin (27) for auto retard on detonation, the Y/BE goes to the ECM Coil rear pin (11), The BE/O goes to the ECM Coil front pin (29).
BE is Blue, GY is Gray. The rest self explanatory.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Best be careful here. That power supply line(Y/GN) to the coil also supplies the fuel injectors. Same fused circuit as fue pump as well I wouldn't hook any accessories on that. The other three are signal senders from the ECM for the front and rear plugs and to the ECM for ion sensing.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Here is a third tip for you. Even though the 02 Deuce had no tach or cruise control because it is EFI the ECM module is same as the FLT. Thus the ECM connector pin 3 is the ECM Tach Output. I bet it even has a pink wire to the main harness and then goes no where. It would normally run to the tach and the cruise control module. I'm not saying you can just splice an aftermarket Tach on to pin three pink wire as the signal picked up may not be readable. But its worth looking at.

·
Registered
246 Posts
tsuter said:
Here is a third tip for you. Even though the 02 Deuce had no tach or cruise control because it is EFI the ECM module is same as the FLT. Thus the ECM connector pin 3 is the ECM Tach Output. I bet it even has a pink wire to the main harness and then goes no where. It would normally run to the tach and the cruise control module. I'm not saying you can just splice an aftermarket Tach on to pin three pink wire as the signal picked up may not be readable. But its worth looking at.
So let me get this straight... I could put cruise on My Deuce? COOL. HOW?

·
Registered
250 Posts
The pink wire from the ECM Tach output pin to the cruise module is so that the cruise module can detect engine overspeed - a condition that will auto cancel the cruise control via a reed switch.

To put in electronic cruise you would need the electronic cruise control module, the stepper motor/throttle activation, the handle bar controls/throttle/front brake, switches for the rear brake and clutch ....... retrofit all from a bagger.

I think the hardware would be messy unless someone sells it as a kit.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I will look for a kit. I think it would be pretty cool to get cruise on a deuce.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips. Couldn't get the tach to work, so time to turn to genuine HD parts. At least the dealer should know how to hook this up, if I can't get it to work. Oh yeah, HD tach about $100 less, can't beat it. Gordy :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts