V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ketsu, Japanese for a$$
27 Posts
If you want it, I have mine just sittin' around.
The part number is 56188-00

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, but what I am trying to find out is if the "Street Slammer" bars have the same pull back (5.75) as the stock Deuce bars.

I have an 06' Nightrain coming, and those stock bars are just to short of a reach for me. It's either lose my gut, or buy the slammers..:hmmm:
The Deuce bars fit me perfect, but I love the look of the Slammers.
I know they are close, but before I spend $329.00, I want to be sure.

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
I put the reduced reach bars on my Deuce, they're listed as having 4.25" pull back. So that'll tell you the stock bars are even less, but not much because the higher rise on the reduced reach bars make up for some of that pull back too.
You can actually gain a bit more pull back with the stock bars or reduced reach bars by loosening clamps and tilting them back a bit further. I didn't want to fork out $329 for bars, so I went with the $50 buck cheapos. I sat on another Deuce (yeh I know you're talking Night Train) with the Street Slammers, and although they provide more pull back, the angle of the grips I didn't care for. Another thought, I hear the stock Wide Glide bars are comfortable too, and I like the angle of those grips. Puts your wrists in more neutral position. Just really think it over, since you're gonna want to change cables, grips, and switches too. You hear people experimenting with seats, exhausts, gloves, etc., but bars you just wanna do, be happy with the comfort, and be done with it. Good Luck and safe riding!

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After reading your post, I looked closer in the book and found the Deuce bars that were standard on the Deuce S-E. I think that's the way I'll go. Unlike the slammers, this bar offers a little adjustment.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts