V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out here have a deuce and found swingarm covers that fit? Not just the bolt cover but the entire swingarm cover. Did not want to buy the chrome swingarm, saving money for other goodies. Only item i found was Kuryakin #8221 with LED light. Any advice would be appreciative.
I own a 2002 deuce an have removed the stock exhaust and replace with V&H staggards.

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
Just a question for you.... why would you want to chrome 1/2 of the frame?? The softtail swingarm is supposed to follow the frame, so why would you want the "back" half chromed? Maybe I'll chrome the left side controls......

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
DR_DEUCE said:
Just a question for you.... why would you want to chrome 1/2 of the frame?? The softtail swingarm is supposed to follow the frame, so why would you want the "back" half chromed? Maybe I'll chrome the left side controls......
Its what I wanted. I think it looks better and finishes off the bike. I felt the rear of the bike was missing something that chroming the s/a fixed.
If you want to chrome the left side controls, go for it. Its YOUR bike. Who am I to tell you how to personalize it.
You don't like a chromed swingarm? Then don't chrome yours.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I think Dr. Deuce was trying to suggest something, not degrade you..

Now, don't take offense, but why would you want to add cheesy, paste on parts that look like $hit on a 20K bike? I'll never figure out the type of person who spends the bucks on a bike, then, adds really low class, embarrasing parts like fork covers, master cylinder covers etc...
Want a chrome swingarm? I suggest doing it right. Save your pennies until you can afford the real thing from the moco.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
gunnut said:
Its what I wanted. I think it looks better and finishes off the bike. I felt the rear of the bike was missing something that chroming the s/a fixed.
If you want to chrome the left side controls, go for it. Its YOUR bike. Who am I to tell you how to personalize it.
You don't like a chromed swingarm? Then don't chrome yours.
I beleive the question was directed at the originator of this thread. you had said you have a chrome swing arm and he was asking about covers. see below.

GeorgeF

Deuce question?
Anyone out here have a deuce and found swingarm covers that fit? Not just the bolt cover but the entire swingarm cover. Did not want to buy the chrome swingarm, saving money for other goodies. Only item i found was Kuryakin #8221 with LED light. Any advice would be appreciative.
I own a 2002 deuce an have removed the stock exhaust and replace with V&H staggards.

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
GeorgeF said:

I think you should save up until you can get the chrome swingarm. I've got a friend with a chrome swingarm on his FXST and it looks great. He also has the chrome pulley, chrome caliper and chrome rotors. I've seen softails with the chrome swingarm covers and they (in my opinion) don't look as good as the real chrome swingarm.

Some people say the softail swingarm should match the frame because it's supposed to look like a rigid. That may be true, but I don't think anyone is fooled and thinks a softail is a rigid. If you like chrome, get chrome.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
If you are referring to the covers that bolt on the top of the swingarm, where the offset bend is, and you were informed that they don't fit a Deuce, go ahead and buy them. They fit!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice on the covers. I wanted to know if the covers worked or looked good and man did you all tell me. I think i will wait on the chrome swingarm. Hope i didn't insult anyone by asking about the covers for $20k bike...lol. I am looking at a chrome back wheel first, followed by the pulley and rotor. Then i will swing for the swingarm. Thanks for the help...

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
GeorgeF.... I'll bet that after you do the chrome rotor, pulley, brake line, caliper etc..... you'll find that you need the contrast of a nice BLACK swingarm, that'll compliment the FRAME> (like I did).

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you would like some pics of my Deuce I can send them to ya. The Black SA against my chrome stock wheel and chrome pulley look great. I have also added the black HD axle covers to further compliment it. I like the contrast.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I had my swingarm painted to match the Real Red of my sheet metal. I'm currently in the process of dismantling my bike to have the frame, swingarm and other related chassis parts powder-coated (red) to match also. When completed, I don't think I will be reinstalling all the little chrome goodies to cover up my work.

Have your rear wheel/pullies chromed, then think about chroming the s/a.

BTW, I have a problem with spending 20K on a bike and they can't paint the frame to match the sheet metal, hence my current customizing project!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ive got the led covers on my 01 Deuce and I also have the swingarm covers too. I know I know its not the real thing but for now they look great and with my chrome deuce rear wheel..........it helps finish out the rear end.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree with George C. The covers look cheap and Japanese. I have the chrome swingarm and love it...even shows the welds which I like because it still looks "Heavy-duty" if that makes sense. Only problem is when you chrome the SA, you realize that the wheel would match great chromed as well as the brake disc and caliper and then you wake up in , ....well in my chrome addicted nightmare.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts