V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found any nicer plate brackets for a Deuce? I think that big plastic bracket with the ugly reflector on it is the worst part of my 03 Deuce. The first mod is pipes, but that liscense plate bracket has to go.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i really like the side mounted ones. I haven't looked at them real close, but they seem to be attached down around the left axle nut. It appeared that it was turned 90 degress. So it was kind of hard to read, but who cares.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the side mount ones look pretty cool. Does anybody know if it interferes with the passenger riding two up?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
MACH2 said:
CAREFUL WITH SIDE MOUNTS NOT LEGAL IN ALL STATES
Not quite positive but I understand they are illegal in Mass. but I plan on adding one in the future :Dennis

·
Registered
55 Posts
Some of the members of the Deuce Owners Group (DOG) list on Yahoo have trimmed down the stock bracket extensively. All that's really left visible is the plate and frame tucked up tight under the fender and light. Looks pretty good that way, and no legal issues.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I done my softail one that way I just removed the 10 cent reflector and put the frame on it and marked it and cut it with a hacksaw blade and all that was visible was the frame. Now I have the side vertical mount but they also have the horizontal side mount that looks good too. www.jirehcycles.com has the best price on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts