V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you get a quick release system for the Electra Glide Classic 2002?

My wife rides with me somewhat, most of the time I ride solo. I like the look of my Electra Glide Classic better without the "BEER BOX"

Only question is, if you can get a quick release, I guess you still have to remove the antena, before removing the "TRUNK"

Also, can you get a smaller antena, like the cars 6" rubber ones?

Rob

:confused:

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Yes you can get a docking kit from HD, you also need the quick diconect wiring harness and antenna relocation( not cheap ). Radio shack sells the short antenna but reception is diminished a little.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Stingray,
Just completed this change over to my 2003 FLHTCI. Don't forget to install the docking system for the sissy bar at the same time you install the front and rear systems, easier than going back later. The end product is very impressive. Couldn't agree more about the beer box, looks better hanging in my garage. About the antenna, instead of continuing to line the pockets of the stealers, I elected to purchase a boat coil antenna and place it inside the fairing, works just fine. The wiring harness for the beer box only has two wires and a quick disconnect plug that can be coiled, wire tied and placed under the seat for future use. Hope this little bit of info. helps.

Swain

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been coiling up the antenna and putting it under the seat everytime I remove the beer box. I settle for not listening to the radio at that point. You still have the CD player.. I was thinking about one of those 6" rubber whips.... But I can do without.

I went to buy the docking station today, but my dealer wanted $450.00 CDN thats about $290.00 US. I didn't know if that was a good deal, so I passed at this point. As for the sissy bar... Won't need it. When my wife rides, she wants the big comfy couch, thats why I want the ease of the docking station. She doesn't ride that often... So I'm wondering if its really worth the money and the effort.

$450.00 buys a lotta chrome... well not a lot, but a piece or two. :D

Rob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stingray said:
[snip}

I went to buy the docking station today, but my dealer wanted $450.00 CDN thats about $290.00 US. I didn't know if that was a good deal, so I passed at this point. As for the sissy bar... Won't need it. When my wife rides, she wants the big comfy couch, thats why I want the ease of the docking station. She doesn't ride that often... So I'm wondering if its really worth the money and the effort.

$450.00 buys a lotta chrome... well not a lot, but a piece or two. :D

Rob
The list for the FLH Detachable Tour Pak Rack (P/N 53107-96) is USD $174.95. You also need the Detachable Docking Hardware Kits ( 53127-96B & 53104-97A) that will run another USD $45.00.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Stingray, I live in NC, but lately I have made all of my larger H-D purchases from Chicago H-D. All customers receive 20% off retail on all items with the exception of the new 100th anniversary stuff. Including the sales tax this is a 26 1/2 % savings for me. They do include a small handling charge up to a certain $$ amount. I found it better to place an order over their toll free line instead of online. Seems as though I receive my toys quicker. My total cost was $241.40, this also included the license plate mount kit for $39.96 and the passenger docking kit for $23.96. Without using the passenger kit you should be able to complete the job for $217.44 Personally, I don't reget spending the $$$$, found that I now have two different bikes. Bikers who generally are not into dressers and the average joe now stop and have a second look at this black and chrome bagger.
Swain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts