V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help, i just got the standard detachable winshield for my wide glide, and It comes with standoffs for the turn signals, if you want to move them to the forks. I'm leaving mine on the bars for now, my question is, the set only comes with two button head screws for the top grommets, (which are too long anyway to use on the bottom), does anyone know what length i need to get for the bottom grommets that attach to the clamps that come with the kit. Or if there is something i'm missing? thanks for the input!

Gator

·
Registered
396 Posts
If I understand you correctly you want to diss the turn signal standoff pieces and just use a bolt to hold the grommets in place? If so, just take the clamps and grommets to the local hardware store for a fitting and get the appropriate length bolts in stainless. If you are picky about appearence you can shop around for some button head chrome bolts. Many HD dealers stock a variety of chrome fasteners.

The reason HD supplies the hardware to relocate the turn signals is that you get a tremendous amount of glare off of the windshield at night if the turn signals are left on the handlebars. It may or may not prove distracting for you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Maj, I had heard that but wanted to give it a try first where they are. Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know if it's that bad.

gator

1 - 3 of 3 Posts