V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just knocked off my 5th Ketel and tonic and am feeling quite toasted. I can't decide if I should have another one or not. I think I can still type and spell, but I'm not sure... ( and I really don't give a phuck.) So, help me here, should I have another?

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
I had 1 Mojito at P.F. Changs tonight. That was enough for me. I'll need a double latte at Starbucks tomorrow morning however.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by fourstar
So, help me here, should I have another?
Go ahead and snarf one down. Then, in the morning, have a hair of the dog, by which I mean actually pluck some hair off your dog and snack on it. If you don't have a dog, join a 12-step program. But I recommend one of the "it's just 12 steps down to the wine cellar" groups rather than those stodgy ones that propose you never imbibe again.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fine thanks. That's the great thing about good Vodka: no hangovers. I'll even get a ride in today! Cheers!!:thanks:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
fourstar said:
Fine thanks. That's the great thing about good Vodka: no hangovers. I'll even get a ride in today! Cheers!!:thanks:
I'm not much of a vodka man, mostly beer for me but, that Ketel is some good smooth vodka. Have you tried the Grey Goose? just as nice (I think) and a little less expensive I believe.....
Have a safe and fun ride!

4star, I was born and raised in Bakersfield(back when it was a small town), don't get back much but still have some of my very best life long friends there. Are you from there?

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Fourstar,

I'm with Adlerx on the Grey Goose - though it's French and so I'm back to Absolut, Stoli and Belvedere...

Years ago I rode a while with a fellow from Bakersfield - back when it was small -- guys name was Jimmie Bridges. Sound familiar?

GC

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
adlerx said:
I'm not much of a vodka man, mostly beer for me but, that Ketel is some good smooth vodka. Have you tried the Grey Goose? just as nice (I think) and a little less expensive I believe.....
Have a safe and fun ride!

4star, I was born and raised in Bakersfield(back when it was a small town), don't get back much but still have some of my very best life long friends there. Are you from there?
I've tried Grey Goose, and it's very good. Unfortunately, it's made in France, and I don't like to give my money to the French...:crying:

I've lived in Bakersfield for about 28 years, but grew up (kind of) in Southern California.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FXDRYDR said:
Fourstar,

Years ago I rode a while with a fellow from Bakersfield - back when it was small -- guys name was Jimmie Bridges. Sound familiar?

GC
No, I don't know the name. I've only been back in to riding for the past few years tho.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
FXDRYDR said:
Fourstar,

I'm with Adlerx on the Grey Goose - though it's French and so I'm back to Absolut, Stoli and Belvedere...

GC
Jimmy Dale?!?! That guy has gotta be dead by now, I knew the family kinda, my best friends OL was his cousin. Man! , you talk about someone who was trouble!! Last I heard ,he he was on his way back to the joint, may have been for musder, been a long time, 25+ years I'd say.
Is this same guy yer talkin' bout?

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
no

fourstar said:
Just knocked off my 5th Ketel and tonic and am feeling quite toasted. I can't decide if I should have another one or not. I think I can still type and spell, but I'm not sure... ( and I really don't give a phuck.) So, help me here, should I have another?
forget the k-1,Chopin or :thumbsup: Christiana-distilled from potato,the only way to go!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
fourstar said:
I've tried Grey Goose, and it's very good. Unfortunately, it's made in France, and I don't like to give my money to the French...
I am very big on Made in the USA products, I drink Kentucky Bourbon whiskey or sour mash Whiskey.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
fourstar said:
I never get hangovers...

no matter what YOU drink 'cause I don't...:bleh:

·
TX Hill Country Explorer
893 Posts
I had 5 margaritas tonight and capped it off with a Jack and coke. Helped me get over the Packers dismal showing on the field this afternoon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
bebrewer said:
I had 5 margaritas tonight and capped it off with a Jack and coke. Helped me get over the Packers dismal showing on the field this afternoon :thumbsup:
One margarita for each interception, huh?

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
adlerx said:
Jimmy Dale?!?! That guy has gotta be dead by now, I knew the family kinda, my best friends OL was his cousin. Man! , you talk about someone who was trouble!! Last I heard ,he he was on his way back to the joint, may have been for musder, been a long time, 25+ years I'd say.
Is this same guy yer talkin' bout?
Adlerx -

Not sure but could be, as I know he had family around. The Jimmie Bridges I knew would be in his early 50s. Back in '72 he had a new Super Glide, had some problems with it and traded it in on a Sportster. Pearl white. I met him while I was riding across Texas/New Mexico enroute to Calif., and we hit it off enough that I stayed a few days at his home with his family. Nice folks as I recall. Met/partied with some of his friends too.

Bakersfield was indeed a nice, small place just kind of tucked away - or so it seemed to me, a 19 year old kid from SW Detroit... Rode across the desert from Barstow to Needles, through the Tehachapis and in to Bakersfield. Sure was nice.

It's been more than 25 years since I've heard anything of or from him. He was maybe 5'11", blondish-brown hair. He was a nice enough guy and we hit it off pretty well, had a good run together.

Sure would be interesting to know if it's the same guy. Do the description and events sound close?

GC

·
TX Hill Country Explorer
893 Posts
GrayRider said:
One margarita for each interception, huh?
Yes, but it's not a ringing endorsement of the Bengal's football prowess that the Packers had 5 turnovers and they still only lost by 7 on the road....Plus, Farve probably would have sent it to OT had the D held on that last 3rd down :cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts