V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all from Tel-Aviv, Israel.
as I'm getting my Bob soon (first one to arrive in the Middle East)
I wanted to thear from you dear forum members that lived with their Bobs for a few months now.

how is the paint holding up?
any apparent rubbing / scuff marks?
pictures will be appreciated.

this issue was dealt with so intensivlly when the paint was just announced,
and any new input will be appreciated. :cheers:

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Denim Black is awesome! The only slight change I have noted is that wear points get slightly glossy. Other than that it definitely doesn't look like a Christmas Tree Ornament going down the street!%[email protected]

06 FXDBI Denim Black:finger:

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Yep, it wears and tears like it's supposed to. I've got scratches from my jacket zipper all over the back 1/4 of the tank by the seat from my start-up routine. No fading or anything, but, you can tell it's sensitive. But, that's why I bought it. :thumbsup:

Whiff

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I can now say that I've seen EVERYTHING.
The MoCo is selling you on a flat, primer black finish that will uh.umm....fade like Denim..., and people actually "like" it..
I gotta hand it to em''
For the 15K plus, I expect a paint job, but hey, that's just me..

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
For the 15K plus, I expect a paint job, but hey, that's just me..
To each his own. For the 15K, I expect something different than every other Harley I've seen and, thankfully, HD delivered.

I bought a Harley for its guts, not its outfit.

Whiff

·
Registered
693 Posts
@gree:

I have about 1500 miles on mine. I really can't ride it that much now that it's really cold out. So far, the paint is holding up well. There aren't any noticable imperfections on the paint yet. I'm sure that will change with time though. I do like the way it cleans up. Just a quick wipe with glass cleaner and a paper towel and you're all set.

·
Registered
18 Posts
PSK260 said:
@gree:

I have about 1500 miles on mine. I really can't ride it that much now that it's really cold out. So far, the paint is holding up well. There aren't any noticable imperfections on the paint yet. I'm sure that will change with time though. I do like the way it cleans up. Just a quick wipe with glass cleaner and a paper towel and you're all set.

that just seems ok for me... @gree:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered my Black Denim for an April delivery. I loved the look of the flat black it isn't like all the other pretty paint jobs I've seen out there. I also wanted black but didn't want to deal with the annoying and ugly swirl marks that are so prominent on a well riden black bike. :wootdnc:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not for everyone...

Don't expect the Black Denim to stay in pristine flat black condition! It will get blemishes and the “buffed” look over time and these can’t necessarily be cleaned up like on a colored and clear coated paint job.

I suspect that is why MoCo called it “Black Denim” vs. Flat (or Matte) Black… because it is expected to show wear and tear.

If you are super anal retentive about pristine paint (flat or shinny)… Denim isn’t for you. I on the other hand love it! I am almost looking forward to it getting a more distressed look over time.

·
Banned
169 Posts
At the time I ordered my Vivid Black Bob (shipped 12-23-05) I hadn't yet seen the black primered bike, so to say I'm feeling a little smug about my decision now would be an understatement. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the flat finish per say, just think it looks a lot better on a rat bike or a 59 Chevy, not something stock brand new. :nope:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I haven't got mine yet (it's coming in march). I really like the looks of it and also i'm just gonna have to say that I like mine with no shine!

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
If it weren't for the Street Bob black denim, I more than likely would not be the owner of a bike right now. THAT'S how much I liked it. :yes:

Whiff

·
Banned
169 Posts
Color is a personal thing for sure. I wonder though how many people who ordered the DBlack sight unseen are having second thoughts?

Could be said for other colors too, take the guy I know who ordered a blue Bob and hated it so much the first time he saw it that he gave it up to wait another four months for a DBlack Bob:crying:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Is the Blue Bob really that bad looking? :dunno: I've seen other models in it and don't think it's a bad color. I'm still waiting to see one in real life since pics on the web can't accurately reflect it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm with Whiff... If it wasn't flat black, I would still have my Kawi Drifter ( and no payments ). The flat black is what sucked me in. Sure in time, it's gonna look ratty, but pretty much flat black is my favorite color, so you can imagine my excitement when a harley came out in flat black. I was ready to own my first harley, but the only harley I really liked was the Road King, & everyone has those here in Cali. I'm glad something different finally came out, or I would have been more in debt with the king...

Later,
Chap

·
Banned
169 Posts
PSK260 said:
Is the Blue Bob really that bad looking? :dunno: I've seen other models in it and don't think it's a bad color. I'm still waiting to see one in real life since pics on the web can't accurately reflect it.
I actually didn't think it was too bad, but that was in the showroom where it looked darker than it would outside, (the wife hated it). She also insisted on the Bob because of the black cases.

Given a choice or if I'm ordering I'll choose gloss black every time, but I have bought other colors for no other reason than that's what was available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
KKRider said:
Color is a personal thing for sure. I wonder though how many people who ordered the DBlack sight unseen are having second thoughts?

Could be said for other colors too, take the guy I know who ordered a blue Bob and hated it so much the first time he saw it that he gave it up to wait another four months for a DBlack Bob:crying:
DAMN! this blue?
http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=2993774

I'd go for vivid black or black cherry myself, but its still quite a looker in blue!

i know, i know... different strokes for different folks.

kelvin

·
Registered
693 Posts
I don't think those pics make the bike look that bad at all. I'm not sorry I got the denim, but I don't think that I would've been disappointed if I went with the blue.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
My problem with the demin is this, it's not a color that will last.
Although I wouldn't order it, I do think it looks bad a$$. But, I would feel more comfortable if the paint process was one that kept the black deep, and not faded.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts