V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What no $600 how am I supposed to finish my tour of the US? The dems can't get themselves together and see that the unemployed need less incentive to go back to work. This bill probably didn't pass, because they couldn't find enough pork barrel projects to add.

Normally I read some of the political threads, but I'm not an active participant mostly because a lot of the posts drone on and I scroll past it. I was a Democrat my whole life after Obama I had to call them quits.

Surveys show that most think Trump has not done enough during Covid and shouldn't have played it down. Trump has advisors he has to go with the flow to prevent mass panic which happened in March anyways. If he didn't have to fight the dems tooth and nail this country could accomplish something.

Sent from a former democrat

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
Surveys show that most think Trump has not done enough during Covid and shouldn't have played it down.
Are these the same surveys that said Hillary was going to win in a landslide?

·
not sober all the time
5,577 Posts
I usually have Bud in the fridge. It's the king of beers...or so they claim. I'll even have a PBR now and then. I always have some good stuff too. Usually a doppelbock, porter, stout, etc. I had a Black Sappath (Stout) by Rahr & Sons Brewing Company a couple of nights ago. It was a beer that I traded with a friend. We get to try a larger variety by trading them.

In my current reserve I have

Barreled Treasure (Barrel aged Stout) Odell Brewing
LaRossa (Doppelbock) Birra Moretti from Italy
Old Rasputin (Russian Imperial Stout) North Coast Brewing
Reve (Coffee Stout) Parish Brewing
Dragon’s Milk (Stout) New Holland Brewing

·
Registered
69 Posts
Captain Hook455...I think you got it reversed. The Dems want to extend the $600/month until the end of 2020. The Republicans want to take it down to $200/month...and then a convoluted program of who gets what and how much.

So...the $600/month has officially expired. IF it is re-instated, or even if the Repbulican $200/month gets in (or anything in between), remember, quite a few of the states (NJ included) are using mainframes so antiquated that you might think they got their first microwaves 3 days ago. So it might take while to get anything. ALL these politicians suck. TERM LIMITS!

·
not sober all the time
5,577 Posts
The Dems want to extend the $600/month until the end of 2020.
The CARES ACT provided a bonus to the unemployed of $600 a WEEK, not month. That was in addition to what ever the state paid for unemployment benefits. That was fkn stupid.

Let's say you have 10 workers at a business working 40 hours per week and making $15 per hour. ($600) COVID-19 comes along and business drops so they have to layoff half of their work force. Now you have 5 junior employees getting $600 per week from the feds and probably $200 from the state for sitting on their ass while their co-workers that didn't get laid off still work for $600 and have to pay for transportation, child care, etc. What incentive is that to either group? And someone in DC wants to continue that??? If anything, I'd say pay a bonus that's a percentage of their average weekly pay. Yes that's "a convoluted program of who gets what..." But it's a bit closer to fair to the people busting their a$$ for less.

The larger issue is where the rest of the $2+ trillion went from the CARES act and who gets to pay it back. Millionaires and billionaires made out the best in different ways including massive tax breaks, interest deductions and other legislation favorable to rich folks. The CARES act was another windfall to the elite provided by a crooked group of politicians, disguised by a token gesture to the working class. If our economy collapses because of the national debt that's on a rocket to the moon, the poor folks will feel it the worst.

This is just one reason I refuse to vote for an incumbent in the federal government and haven't voted for a democrat or republican for a federal office in close to 20 years. Everyone want to piss and moan about term limits but we, as a nation keep electing these ****ing crooks back into office. We ain't very smart, are we? Y'all can fuss and fight over republicans and/or democrats all you want but in my book, 98% of them are ****ing CROOKS! Piss on 'em.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Captain Hook455...I think you got it reversed. The Dems want to extend the $600/month until the end of 2020. The Republicans want to take it down to $200/month...and then a convoluted program of who gets what and how much.

So...the $600/month has officially expired. IF it is re-instated, or even if the Repbulican $200/month gets in (or anything in between), remember, quite a few of the states (NJ included) are using mainframes so antiquated that you might think they got their first microwaves 3 days ago. So it might take while to get anything. ALL these politicians suck. TERM LIMITS!
I think the feds can better afford $200 instead of $600 after this is over the taxes to recoup this loss will be outrageous.

PS. Call me Cap everyone does. It is a lot easier to type than captainhook455. A few more letters and you would have my email address.lol

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
What is your choice of beer?

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
If I have a choice, I drinking Croze.

Guinness is my favorite beer, but I'll buy Miller High Life, Blue Moon, XX, depending on my mood. I really don't drink much beer these days.

·
Registered
722 Posts
i did the cheap ass stuff for a long time ...but now they steal all my energy by afternoon...started to feel my age...29 again??..but dark and prems are better... modello neg and hein dark....wat ever happened to san filepe i thnk its called...a phillopene beer ...it was good like no other....ialso like mangorita in cans

1 - 20 of 37 Posts