V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Noticed tonight that someone was riding a Deluxe at the Dragon last weekend. Just wondering if it was anyone one here. Curious how bad the floorboards dragged.

I want to ride the Dragon myself, hopefully next year.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
when I first saw that site, I spent a good hour looking at the pics. 2 yrs ago I was asked to go for a trip down in that area. it rained all weekend and a freind of mine rode his new full dresser off a curve which landed on him there. he's fine now and wears a shirt that says he does all his own stunts.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live about 4 hours away from the Dragon and have always wanted to ride it. Some guys that work with me rode it a couple of months ago, unfortunately for them it rained the entire trip. May go next year, just really concerned with the low floorboards the Deluxe has, that they will really drag a lot.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Aint that the same place the other dude dumped his Road King...great pic!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
swmnkdinthervr said:
Aint that the same place the other dude dumped his Road King...great pic!
Sure that is the same site. I look at it weekly and there is almost always pics of someone dumping some kind of bike. Something like over 300 curves in 13 miles.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
69 Z-28 said:
... just really concerned with the low floorboards the Deluxe has, that they will really drag a lot.
I don't think it's a problem. I have taken my Deluxe up and down Skyline Drive many times and the bike does very well. I know, it's definitely not the Dragon, but switchbacks are switchbacks when you get right down to it. I put 2 extra turns from stock on my shocks, oil up my floorboards pivots, look through the turns, and just ride smart as usual. I think the Deluxe is one of the better FLST bikes for the twisties in fact. It is within a degree or two of any big bike really. And with the ME880s on it really hugs the corners. I have ground about 1/4" of metal off both my floorboards and the bike behaves admirably leaned over like that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did the Dragon in April '04 on my Fat Boy, which is lowered an inch at the rear. You'll scrape your floorboards all the way through. Just take it easy and enjoy the scenery.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
brownjams said:
apparently floorboards aren't a problem even on tourers. two hands optional.

That dude has BIG BRASS ones!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts